• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Nice! I had an RZ350 in the late 1980s, but crashed it while leaned over in a turn on a road similar to the one in your video--one of the roads leading out of Highlands, NC. Some gravel in the road...
'All the gear all the time" saved my life; I still have the Hein Gericke jacket with the road rash and the British road race boots.
Bike was a total loss having gone over a small cliff and smashed on a boulder below--even broke the rear wheel.
Now, I have a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R750 and a 2015 Yamaha R3 with custom retro bodywork to look like a TZ500. I haven't ridden either one for several years. They just sit on race stands and look nice.

Nice! I had an RZ350 in the late 1980s, but crashed it while leaned over in a turn on a road similar to the one in your video--one of the roads leading out of Highlands, NC. Some gravel in the road...
'All the gear all the time" saved my life; I still have the Hein Gericke jacket with the road rash and the British road race boots.
Bike was a total loss having gone over a small cliff and smashed on a boulder below--even broke the rear wheel.
Now, I have a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R750 and a 2015 Yamaha R3 with custom retro bodywork to look like a TZ500. I haven't ridden either one for several years. They just sit on race stands and look nice.
I've had 5 rz's since they came out and raced 2 of them. By far my favorite motorcycle to ride in the mountains, while others sit in 2nd or 3rd gear on their big bore bikes, you need to keep the revs up and momentum with a 45hp bike.

Me on same bike, a couple years earlier, with an almost Buckwheat on same road. Missed a shift (?) on a damp turn and rode it out. 🙏

pics of the R3? pretty please

pics of the R3? pretty please
Photos in 1989 were expensive, so I only have the "after" photos--after the crash. I spent all Winter working on it-making a solo seat, lower handlebars, detail paint, safety wiring everything...
I had this dream of riding down to Road Atlanta and being able to ride on the track by myself. I ended up selling it for junk for $400.00. Photos to follow...

Bought in Spartanburg in 1988 for $2,400.00 new "in crate". Crash damage mostly on right side, and where there is none, my body was in the way (lucky for me, only a few bruises and cuts, nothing serious). My right boot, helmet, and jacket (not pictured here) all had road rash--pants were protected by knee puck. You can see the rear wheel is broken (under the muffler in the photos), and the swingarm was bent. Tail light and instrument cluster smashed away from bike when it went down a small cliff/steep embankment. Safety wire holds most bits in place. The headlight thing was my emulation of the Yamaha FZ600. I have more photos, but the system says they are too big, even after resizing.
RZ350_0002.jpg
RZ350_0001.jpg
RZ350_0003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom