So who carriers their gun even at home

I bought my first handgun (Springfield XD9 SC) when I turned 21. I was going to college and living in Statesboro. Obviously I couldn't carry on/near campus but I didn't spend much time there anyway. I lived in a 4 bedroom house with 2 roommates who were rarely home (one stayed at his GF's apartment and the other spent half the week in Athens with his GF).

Call me paranoid or scared if you want. I just don't like being in a large house by myself. Before bed every night, I would do a sweep of the inside/outside of the house with an Insight X2 light/laser. My gun was with me at all times. I would set even set it on the counter by the sink when I was taking a dump. If I was in the shower, it would be sitting on the back of the toilet, easily within reach if I needed to jump out naked to defend myself. You never know when you are going to need it so you might as well always carry.

thats me. have a firearm in my chair in living room, one on top of refrigerator, one bed side. ar behind bedroom door, 12 ga. in each other bedroom. ( kids are gone)

I knew a guy awhile back who installed a false ceiling in his shower with about 8 inches of clearance so he could reach up and grab the mossy 500 in case anybody busted in while he was showering.

I bought a Mossberg 590 Mariner to use on boats. I guess that nickel plating would also help if I needed to keep it in the shower.

same here, i carry at home and my gf doesnt say a word. i keep a handgun in every room except the bathrooms (i put edc on the floor or stand while doing my business), an AR in the garage (where i usually am at when i'm home), and my edc on my nightstand next to multiple tailswitched flashlights when i sleep.

when i was in elementary school, my mom, little brother, and i were home, a genius tried breaking into the house and he was welcomed by mom holding a 12 gauge at chest when he managed to open the door. my mom and dad kept that shotgun in living room for a reason and after that day i understood why. not paranoid, just prepared.

Back
Top Bottom