Squirrel time

i62.tinypic.com_53ajqb.jpg

Took it in the backyard with an air rifle.

Good shootin'. I took my 3 year old out with his air soft yesterday. We had to go to a spot that was not so flat 'cause other folks were already out with their dogs. The sq. were really moving. Versie wore his little legs out walking to all those trees. He told me something like next time he wanted to take the feist because she would not hunt out so far.

I'm trying to get mine trained, she's coming along OK. If ya want to run some new land give me a yell. Most of my spots are just outside of Ft. Valley, hardwoods lined with pecan orchards. Not very far from Forsyth.

Nick T

Where I hunt I won't need squirrel dogs. Although I love the dogs, all I need to do is pick any random spot, then sit and wait a minute or two. We have tons of squirrels, and most of the ones I've seen this year are fox squirrels. Tons of blondes with black faces. I've never seen so many fox squirrels. I plan on taking a couple here in a few weeks.

You could look at Oconee on Google Earth to narrow down your spots pretty quick. If you want greys look for hardwood ridges. They like to den where the sun hits first or in low spots in hollow where there are lots of hardwood with vines, etc. growing on them. For fox sq. look for big pines with mixed in oaks and wait 'til 11 to hit the woods.

If you can find a section of hardwoods with ridges, get the sun at your back and ease down the ridge with a .22 and subsonics. Or just wait at one of those den areas in a hollow on toward dark. Ain't hard. Just takes patience.

Back
Top Bottom