• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starlink sighting

It’s ok…he has had his shots ! :cool:
Yes, yes I have

BleakInfatuatedDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

Now if I can only get off the wait list and get actual service...it's been over a year.
I got on the list last October and was provisioned in February. Tried it and decided it wasn't worth the money. Wireless router uses proprietary cabling, need a special cable from Starlink to use my Orbi mesh system. Needed a proprietary mount and the best place for my location was the roof peak (mount over $200) and the monthly payment was twice what my local provider charges for about half the throughput.

Cancelled inside the 30 day return window and got a full refund for the expensive starter pack.

Best of luck...

I got on the list last October and was provisioned in February. Tried it and decided it wasn't worth the money. Wireless router uses proprietary cabling, need a special cable from Starlink to use my Orbi mesh system. Needed a proprietary mount and the best place for my location was the roof peak (mount over $200) and the monthly payment was twice what my local provider charges for about half the throughput.

Cancelled inside the 30 day return window and got a full refund for the expensive starter pack.

Best of luck...
I agree. It's a system for use in countries where there really isn't an established internet infrastructure. It doesn't matter what their opening offers and deals are or how much they have to subsidize their proprietary ancillary equipment to use it. In the end they are going to have to recoup the cost of operating and maintaining and extensive satellite constellation. It's the same reason why DirectV and Dish are losing customers - unrealistic monthly consumer costs rising constantly.

Best of luck...
WOW! There was another thread on here and several people were super happy with the service! Guess we'll see what happens. Our land is out in the middle of nowhere and the only other option is maybe DSL through a phone line.

Back
Top Bottom