• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stories about Dad...

My old man's father was a drunken Klansman. He killed a black farmer that caught him stealing crops. He was told to leave the state of Alabama. He went thirty minutes south to an Indian reservation ( technically not Alabama) and married a Cherokee. She died in childbirth with my Father.

My Dad was ignored or abused his entire childhood. His brothers, who were not half Indian, would sneak him food at night. At seventeen he joined the Navy, went through accelerated Nuclear Power School and eventually served in the Submarine service during the cold war.

When I was 5 my mother made me cry telling me that my Dad was going to die if he didn't quit smoking. When he came home I begged him to quit. He took his Pall Malls out of his pocket and set them on the table. Never touched another cigarette again. Just like that. He is a great f#ck$$4 Dad. The best.

My Dad was a different kinda guy. Irish, stubborn, workaholic. He grew up during the depression in S.Boston MA "southie". Had a miserable wife beating drunk for a dad & swore he'd never do that to his own kids. In all my time growing up, and as an adult, I saw him drink a beer one time , never heard him swear either, which was odd, he worked as a Foreman for Mass Electric, was a member of IBEW #103 for 55 years & when he passed in 07, was the oldest active member on the roster.

He served in the Army in WWII from D-Day to VE Day, being wounded one time. He is, to this day my hero. I'd bet money you couldn't find a man to say a negative thing about my dad. This was made evident by the 1200 ppl that showed at his funeral. There was a long time we didn't see eye to eye, and I regret wasting those years being at odds with him. But no matter what, my dad was always there, if not to help, he'd always be ready to give ya a swift kick in the ass.

He also found the time , while raising 8 kids ( 3 his own, 5 he & my mother adopted ) to coach baseball, basketball , & later be the president of the Rockland Ma Little League..

My dad on the left, getting back from Europe...

10338253_10152353012231132_5130687551000484764_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah my dad wasn't doing his job in the early 70s and his bike building buddy snaked his wife out from under him. So then I had to live with that dick head for about 15 more years. Along the way dad married THE ugliest skank in Lizella who hates me because she knew he still loved my mom. Oh and I should mention he never paid a dime of his court ordered child support. Then he got mad because step dick adopted me and changed my last name. But he didn't do anything to stop it.

Meanwhile he smoked Reds for decades before switching to Lights and drank Budweiser every day. He was a chronic bull****ter who told the same old stories over and over and they were different every time. He was living in his own mind for years. We didn't speak at all after 07 . He died in 13 and the only reason I knew about it was from seeing the obit in the paper. He was 62 or 63. His mother and father in law were at his wake. He looked 93 later out in that box. A predictable end to a pathetic story.

That is really sad

My Dad was the best, After 2 daughters the story goes as my Mom tells it my Dad didn't think the hospital was doing enough or a good job after i was born so Dad and 5 of his LEO buddies hijacked us out of the hospital and took me and my mom home, Dad drove the car and the rest were on motorcycles with lights and siren, true or not it was always a funny story. Taught me to hunt and fish, mostly fishing till i left for boot camp. The hardest and yet the best time of my life was taking care of him the last 3 week of his life. RIP DAD

dad is part godfather - part ben kenobi - part terminator - part eastwood - a lot of captain benjamin l willard - some second hand lion - and until my son came along he was my #1 fishing partner and my bestest friend

hes so great that hes fine with his demotion - i do so love that man - i strive every day to make all his many sacrifices for me mean something

now mom ? there is another story all together - sorriest human GOD ever strung a gut thru - bar none

Yeah my dad wasn't doing his job in the early 70s and his bike building buddy snaked his wife out from under him. So then I had to live with that dick head for about 15 more years. Along the way dad married THE ugliest skank in Lizella who hates me because she knew he still loved my mom. Oh and I should mention he never paid a dime of his court ordered child support. Then he got mad because step dick adopted me and changed my last name. But he didn't do anything to stop it.

Meanwhile he smoked Reds for decades before switching to Lights and drank Budweiser every day. He was a chronic bull****ter who told the same old stories over and over and they were different every time. He was living in his own mind for years. We didn't speak at all after 07 . He died in 13 and the only reason I knew about it was from seeing the obit in the paper. He was 62 or 63. His mother and father in law were at his wake. He looked 93 later out in that box. A predictable end to a pathetic story.

Good god man I really enjoyed the read parts made me laugh hope this made up though.

P.s. buy my llama

My old man's father was a drunken Klansman. He killed a black farmer that caught him stealing crops. He was told to leave the state of Alabama. He went thirty minutes south to an Indian reservation ( technically not Alabama) and married a Cherokee. She died in childbirth with my Father.

My Dad was ignored or abused his entire childhood. His brothers, who were not half Indian, would sneak him food at night. At seventeen he joined the Navy, went through accelerated Nuclear Power School and eventually served in the Submarine service during the cold war.

When I was 5 my mother made me cry telling me that my Dad was going to die if he didn't quit smoking. When he came home I begged him to quit. He took his Pall Malls out of his pocket and set them on the table. Never touched another cigarette again. Just like that. He is a great f#ck$$4 Dad. The best.

damn

Mine passed 30JAN 2013, 40yrs at the phone company, Navy Vet; One story that sticks out was that he was out in the back section of our property burning a wood pile; apparently the winds picked up and the 30+ acres of woods behind our property caught fire. Being a somewhat rural area, several townships worth of fire departments had a hell of a time putting it out. That wasn't something that was talked about much :lol:

Last edited:

WoW.

Back
Top Bottom