• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This makes me sick

There is no proof that this is real. The only place I'm seeing this is on "beforeitsnews" and "infowars".... pretty much the least reputable sites on the entire internet. Watch out for plastic snowflakes!

Here is your proof that the registration is true. If Assault Weapons were not registered prior to Jan 1 2014, the letter list the proper ways to dispose of it.

Here is the application used prior to Jan 1, taken from the ct.dov website.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/dps-414-c.pdf

Here is the requirements from the their website, stating that registration applications will be returned if they were received after Jan 1. Which is exactly what the letter in the OPs thread is stating. Again taken from the CT.gov site. It is about half way down the page here :

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=530224&A=4213

"You must apply for a certificate of possession prior to January 1, 2014. Any application received after that date will be returned unless post marked on or before December 31,2013. Please fill out both halves of the form completely and legibly. You may apply your own thumbprint to the form and sign the form in the presence of a notary. An additional notarized affidavit/statement will be needed if you do not have the original sale receipt or DPS-3-C showing the date of possession/purchase prior to the law taking effect. Please have forms notarized prior to mailing or dropping them off at the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit office."

The law makes no sense. Political posturing, which is all any politician ever does. (R,D,L) With that said why the **** would you wait until after the dead line to register? I can understand not wanting to break the law and registering on time. I can really understand saying **** you politicians and not registering. (when I lived in NJ I can't remember, but I may have owned a few non-compliant products :)) I don't understand trying to register after the deadline, maybe this person shouldn't own guns? You are either stupid or you are challenging the state law. Either way good luck. And if the state dragged it's feet on the registration process, I would have a mail return receipt proving I sent in my registration form well before the deadline.

Back
Top Bottom