Tractor Help

Bite the bullet and go new. When I was looking for used ones they were practically the same price as new and when John Deere offered me 0% financing it was a no brainer.

Also try and look ahead and think of anything you think you might want that tractor to do in the future, what other implements might you see yourself using? It's always better to have more HP then you need then wishing you had more.
Along with that is there any implements you think you might want that require additional hydraulics? 3rd function or rear hydraulics? That's something I missed and ended up having to add it later to work a grapple up front.
And one more thing, keep an eye on the PTO HP ratings and make sure it's enough to run the implements you want.

Bite the bullet and go new. When I was looking for used ones they were practically the same price as new and when John Deere offered me 0% financing it was a not brainer.

Also try and look ahead and think of anything you think you might want that tractor to do in the future, what other implements might you see yourself using? It's always better to have more HP then you need then wishing you had more.
Along with that is there any implements you think you might want that require additional hydraulics? 3rd function or rear hydraulics? That's something I missed and ended up having to add it later to work a grapple up front.

Good advice on the hydraulic. Afraid I will end up with a new one. You're 100% on the prices of the used ones.

Good advice on the hydraulic. Afraid I will end up with a new one. You're 100% on the prices of the used ones.
That’s probably the best way to go. Machine like those when you buy used you are often getting someone else’s problem. With a new one you got a warranty and lots less problems usually.

The next thing I will get will be a Bobcat with Grapple and Hydraulic Chipper... Lightening the Kids inheritance every day! So damn sick of trimming trees and branches... Mulching them in 30 seconds will be like watching a bug Zapper... The smile it brings..

The next thing I will get will be a Bobcat with Grapple and Hydraulic Chipper... Lightening the Kids inheritance every day! So damn sick of trimming trees and branches... Mulching them in 30 seconds will be like watching a bug Zapper... The smile it brings..

^That is on my bucket list! A high flow skid steer with a forestry mulcher attachment. When I hit the lottery there will be one in my driveway.

I'm actually considering one of these to run off my tractor now...

http://www.woodmaxx.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MX-8800

I want to drive up to a tree extend the arm up and much it down to the ground.. They can extend up to about 12 -14 feet and mulch a small tree down to the ground in seconds.. We have about 55 acres of planted pines that got their first thinning..

All the stuff I could clean up..

Back
Top Bottom