• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traveling thru a non reciprocity state.

KMV5664

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
29   0
Reaction score
I travel quite often and sometimes have to go thru a few of these states that does not honor my permit. I try to obey their laws by keeping the weapon in pieces and locked away. Any of ya fellows ever encounter being questioned while traveling in these parts of the states especially Illinois and Minnesota? Anybody accidently forgot which state honors your permit?

I was traveling from GA to NC and left mine in a bag in the back seat. The state patrol officer in SC was not to happy about that, since i had left my wallet with DL in the jeans in said bag. He ended up not doing anything about it but tried the scare tactics of how he could take me to jail and crap.

It's a trap.. Don't do it..

It can be. Illinois is not known as a gun friendly state and the requirements to pass through that state are specific and ridiculous. So I avoid driving through there. If you must drive get the current state firearms/munitions transportation laws and beware as jack ass politicians have spun city laws that add to the firearms "trap" of catching an honest Joe just traveling through.

Hell some places one gets caught with an unregistered weapon or just ammo that is not for a registered firearm (non-residents can't apply for registration) and it's jail time.

In "our" nation's capitol a traveler (non-resident) gets caught so much with any empty/fired firearms shell casing on their person or in their vehicle they will be arrested and jailed. A freaking fired .22LR case is cause for arrest...... The fact that we tolerate these insane laws only emboldens those who created them.

And the press is complicit and supportive of these breaches of liberty. Real ****ing sad state of affairs for these pockets of liberalism.

Last edited:
It can be. Illinois is not known as a gun friendly state and the requirements to pass through that state are specific and ridiculous. So I avoid driving through there. If you must drive get the current state firearms/munitions transportation laws and beware as jack ass politicians have spun city laws that add to the firearms "trap" of catching an honest Joe just traveling through.

Hell some places one gets caught with an unregistered weapon or just ammo that is not for a registered firearm (non-residents can't apply for registration) and it's jail time.

In "our" nation's capitol a traveler (non-resident) gets caught so much with any empty/fired firearms shell casing on their person or in their vehicle they will be arrested and jailed. A freaking fired .22LR case is cause for arrest...... The fact that we tolerate these insane laws only emboldens those who created them.

And the press is complicit and supportive of these breaches of liberty. Real ****ing sad state of affairs for these pockets of liberalism.

Amen Brother and we better dig our boot heals in becuase I don't see things letting up even if the Republicans take the House and Senate, however if they don't and Hillary wins get out the Cosmoline and start digging.

Amen Brother and we better dig our boot heals in becuase I don't see things letting up even if the Republicans take the House and Senate, however if they don't and Hillary wins get out the Cosmoline and start digging.

Just when you think it is time to bury them, it is actually the time to dig them up. just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom