• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Very disappointed

So today I had a young couple come in my shop becuase there AC stopped working. Well long story short after the diagnosis I gave them a quote to do the repair. The couple went outside and discussed it and my tech came to my office to tell me that the wife was on the side of the building crying and begging someone on the phone for help with money. It made me feel really bad that they are struggling the way they are and to make it worse they had a child that couldn't be over 6 months old with them. So when they came back in I informed them that there repair is already paid in full and oh BTW your radiator is leaking and that has been paid for as well. They didn't seem to flinch or even care!!!! But a man of my word I performed the repairs and ate the parts and labor. When the car was finished I ran it down to the car wash and had it cleaned because it was filthy. When I handed there keys over and said have a good day and God bless you the male went on a 20 minute rant of how I shouldn't mix god and religious beliefs in with my business practices. I just stood there in disbelief while this guy lectured me about how un fair it is of me to shove religion down there throat while i fix his car to the tune of what would normally be over 1100.00 bill FOR FREE. All because I said God bless you!!!!!!

Take the high road... your conscience told you to do the right thing..and you did.. don't let the devil steal your joy...you did the right thing!

Don't feel bad... remember those that need love the most almost always deserve it the least....

Last edited:
So today I had a young couple come in my shop becuase there AC stopped working. Well long story short after the diagnosis I gave them a quote to do the repair. The couple went outside and discussed it and my tech came to my office to tell me that the wife was on the side of the building crying and begging someone on the phone for help with money. It made me feel really bad that they are struggling the way they are and to make it worse they had a child that couldn't be over 6 months old with them. So when they came back in I informed them that there repair is already paid in full and oh BTW your radiator is leaking and that has been paid for as well. They didn't seem to flinch or even care!!!! But a man of my word I performed the repairs and ate the parts and labor. When the car was finished I ran it down to the car wash and had it cleaned because it was filthy. When I handed there keys over and said have a good day and God bless you the male went on a 20 minute rant of how I shouldn't mix god and religious beliefs in with my business practices. I just stood there in disbelief while this guy lectured me about how un fair it is of me to shove religion down there throat while i fix his car to the tune of what would normally be over 1100.00 bill FOR FREE. All because I said God bless you!!!!!!
Banana in the tail pipe....bless your heart for helping dickweed mother ****ers like this.....

Thanks I didn't do not for recognition. It's what I felt it was the right thing and its what I was compelled to do. But man it stung to hear that.
Good on you for doing it. As an atheist, I don't like being lectured on faith, but neither do I judge the faith of others. When someone says god bless to me, I take it as it is intended, I don't look to take offense just because I don't share their belief. It's intended as an expression of good intent, and should be responded to in kind. Differences of belief shouldn't be an excuse to abandon basic courtesy or negate the value of gratitude. Guess it's true what they say; Gratitude is worth its weight in gold.

Walk away from this knowing that you did the right thing according to your heart and conscience and it doesn't matter at all in YOUR life how they see it.
You cast your bread upon the waters and it will return seven fold, for the knowledge of your deed is is held where it counts.
You are good man and an asset to your community..

Back
Top Bottom