• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Very disappointed

You are a better man than me. It would have been all I could do just not to hand his @#$ to him for that rant after I help them out. Your shop is only 2 miles from my house.
Don't remember the names by chance? What was the description of the car?
Would like to keep an eye out for these two.

I won't post there names but they are in a beat up White Ford explorer. They are always at the corner BP

I'm always driving by that store. Will keep an eye out.
I give you credit for having more patience than me. I would have blown my top. Not over him getting "offended" but just being a prick who didn't care about someone helping them out just because it felt right. I'd put a screwdriver through the radiator and then the A/C condensor and gave them the boot.

So today I had a young couple come in my shop becuase there AC stopped working. Well long story short after the diagnosis I gave them a quote to do the repair. The couple went outside and discussed it and my tech came to my office to tell me that the wife was on the side of the building crying and begging someone on the phone for help with money. It made me feel really bad that they are struggling the way they are and to make it worse they had a child that couldn't be over 6 months old with them. So when they came back in I informed them that there repair is already paid in full and oh BTW your radiator is leaking and that has been paid for as well. They didn't seem to flinch or even care!!!! But a man of my word I performed the repairs and ate the parts and labor. When the car was finished I ran it down to the car wash and had it cleaned because it was filthy. When I handed there keys over and said have a good day and God bless you the male went on a 20 minute rant of how I shouldn't mix god and religious beliefs in with my business practices. I just stood there in disbelief while this guy lectured me about how un fair it is of me to shove religion down there throat while i fix his car to the tune of what would normally be over 1100.00 bill FOR FREE. All because I said God bless you!!!!!!
Do not fret my friend, your act of kindness will be honored. Stay faithful to what you stand for. It will come back to you tenfold and you planted a seed that though rejected now may take root in the future. We live in a selfish evil world but just because other humans are poor excuses does not mean you have to be also. You did a great thing. Let your disappointment go and know that you did the right thing. My .02

Sounds like you were scammed. Just remember that payback is hell. Karma is very real. You did the right thing. Had you done any different they would be wanting to sue you.

Back
Top Bottom