• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

whats your choice?

I know some of y'all revere the woods and the "art" of hunting deer, but I really, truly live in the middle of the woods. The damn things are like rampant goats around my house. I know out was a bad choice of guns (and ammo) but it was sitting next to door when I saw the doe eating my scuppernongs! I had been plinking around with the rifle earlier which is why it was by the door,btw. I shot her in the ass because she turned and ran.

I know some of y'all revere the woods and the "art" of hunting deer, but I really, truly live in the middle of the woods. The damn things are like rampant goats around my house. I know out was a bad choice of guns (and ammo) but it was sitting next to door when I saw the doe eating my scuppernongs! I had been plinking around with the rifle earlier which is why it was by the door,btw. I shot her in the ass because she turned and ran.

well that explains it, I just wondered why someone would shoto a deer with 9mm considering most people go out after the deer not have it meet them at their door, did it kill the deer?

FMJs???! Are you guys serious?? Are you retarded? Have you never shot a fmj in something realistic or are y'all just shooting at paper targets at your favorite range? A blazer 9mm fmj shot from one of those cheap hi-point rifles will go completely through a deer (ass to chest) at around fifty yards! I know... I pulled the trigger. A .45acp fmj will go straight through 4 treated 2x8s! Y'all talk "penetration", well what the hell are you trying to penetrate? What kind of idiot are you going to look like when one bad night in a mall parking lot, you are "held-up" and you do manage to draw and shoot the perp BUT the bullet doesn't stop and kills some innocent 2 rows over?! If you are going to be responsible enough to carry a weapon, then be responsible enough to carry the right ammo!!

Make a video of you shooting 4 2x8s and the .45 acp round going through all 4 = 8 inches of timber.. I would love to see it. I would like to see you shoot a deer with a 9mm fmj and the round going through the deer completely "ass to chest" post a video of that as well.

"Have you never shot a fmj in something realistic" The answer is yes. I think you meant have you ever.

Last edited:
well that explains it, I just wondered why someone would shoto a deer with 9mm considering most people go out after the deer not have it meet them at their door, did it kill the deer?

Oh ****, Tell me this is not a real quote.

"NWSharpshooter - I didn't vote for Obama because of white guilt in 2008, I voted for him because he had real plans and solutions."

It killed her, yes. Not one shot, no, I emptied the mag.
About the video... It's highly unlikely I'll carry a camcorder with me next time I step outside to do away with a pest. (don't be a smartass) Now the 45 thing, no problem. I can take pictures of the damage. I staple my paper targets to a HUGE wire spool that is made of treated 2x8s. A .40 will go completely through it too.

Btw, if you really wanna get pissy...... 4 2x8s only equals 6 inches of lumber not 8. Your standard 2x is only 1.5 inches thick. Irregardless, 6" of lumber is still a hell of alot denser than most things flesh and blood!

It killed her, yes. Not one shot, no, I emptied the mag.
About the video... It's highly unlikely I'll carry a camcorder with me next time I step outside to do away with a pest. (don't be a smartass) Now the 45 thing, no problem. I can take pictures of the damage. I staple my paper targets to a HUGE wire spool that is made of treated 2x8s. A .40 will go completely through it too.

I am not talking about a single 2 inch thick piece of wood. I am talking about 4 2x8s stacked like you described, Post a video of it and I will be impressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom