Which .22 Rifle?

Thanks for all of the input. I haffta say I am leaning toward the Henry. I wanna find one in a shop and fondle it before I commit. If not, I will seek out a Ruger 10/22 in stainless at a gun-show upcoming. Keep those suggesitons comin'.......

There's definitely something to be said for a Henry Golden Boy. I have one and I still can't resist picking them up when I see them in stores. ($400 at Academy is the best price I found.)

Also, the Remington 597 is a great gun. I bought one (with scope) for around $200 at Walmart because it felt better to me than the Ruger. The Ruger just felt too small. I added a Boyds thumbhole stock to it and it's one of my (and everyone that shoots its) favorite rifles.

I've got a growing collection of 22 rifles. Almost everything listed on here except for the Henry.(rem 552 covers that void). I must say that the Rem 597 HB is my favorite.

You have to figure which one fills the need 10/22 many variations and a boatload of aftermarket options. The Henry I haven't shot yet but my Winchester 9422 is great many many rounds through it I got it for Christmas as a kid in @ 1972. Also the leveraction might encourage more accurate shots and cost less to shoot due to the time between shots.

Henry Lever is more reliable over a 10.22 all day.

Because...

1. Fires Calibri, .22 short, .22 long and .22 Long Rifle.
2. No magazines to keep up with.
3. Will always cycle.
4. Higher capacity.

I have to admit to all except #4..........Have you ever seen a henry with a 50 rnd tube????????????

I have all three, 10/22, mod 60, and henry. Henry has smooth action, but the mod 60 has a larger cap. and has never failed me, so does the ruger and has also never never failed me and both are more accurate than the henry,

i have a nylon 66 & model 60 i really like the marlin. but why ask go look and handle both of them and pick which you are happy with. and don't worry about what everybody else likes.personally i don't think the rugers are all that. i trded one for the marlin 60 and i don't regret it

Back
Top Bottom