• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who loves their floors?

1677356374047412626234535571692.jpg

This pattern hides dirt like a champ.

I mentioned carpet as a joke because it was all the rage way back when. Funny how trends change over time.

Kinda silly with hardwoods because you cover 'em up with rugs anyway...

Good luck with your project!

I mentioned carpet as a joke because it was all the rage way back when. Funny how trends change over time.

Kinda silly with hardwoods because you cover 'em up with rugs anyway...

Good luck with your project!
Pull up some carpet and be amazed at all the dirt and carpet powder.

My little cottage was built in 1906 but everything has been brought up to code and completely redone. The hardwood floors are original and in fantastic shape. My parent had Harwood laminate installed in their kitchen. The guy came in and was done in a couple hours. It was really nice and extremely durable. I believe they went with the higher grade selection from Home Depot and had a independent guy come in and do it and he was recommended by home depot. Before they sold it from just old age and stairs I had dropped pans, pots and coffee mugs to you name it. Didn't hurt it a bit. If they still carry that quality of product it's a good avenue to use. Hope this helps.

My wife has asthma. 20 years ago she said she wanted hardwood. Told her to get enough to do a bedroom because I didn’t know how to install it. Well she came home with enough to do the whole house. I learned fast. Got pre finished 3/4 hardwood. It’s holding up very well and we are hard on floors. Then she came home with tile for dining room and kitchen and entrances.

I'll see if I can find out what we put at the lake house on the property. They gave me a piece and said to try and mess it up. I took a pocketknife to it and couldn't do any damage that you could find after wiping it down. Also, put a piece in a glass of water to see what would happen. They told me to check it in a year and add more water. I know it wasn't cheap; but still looks like the day it was installed.

Back
Top Bottom