Would you drink here?

I've only had one gun stolen from me in the time i have been a handgun owner. It was while i was at a bar, sober, and my gun was in my truck. If you know a handgun isn't allowed inside the bar it sounds like the perfect parking lot to go gun shopping in.

I've only had one gun stolen from me in the time i have been a handgun owner. It was while i was at a bar, sober, and my gun was in my truck. If you know a handgun isn't allowed inside the bar it sounds like the perfect parking lot to go gun shopping in.

this is my main opposition to gun free zones

sorry ya got your gat stolen......what was it?

ODG SR9 Got it back a year or so later found on the side of the road in Fulton County. Sold it as soon as i got it back. Wish it hadn't been molested it would be nice to keep my very first handgun in the permanent collection.

You agent is hopefully pulling your leg or his client apparently had the worst attorney ever.
What if he caught the flu there? Should they also have up a "No sick people allowed sign"? What if he's allergic to cats? "No cat owners allowed."? I mean seriously.... :tsk:

You really think that an insurance company does what's right? They settle at any time possible and that's what most attorneys are looking for. Nothing has to make sense, they just pay off the party and raise your rates and that's just what happened. People sue because of steps not having a "watch your step" sign or a bridge not having a "no jumping from bridge" sign and so on, and so on. I have no reason to doubt my agent. The man has been my client and shooting partner for many years, but it is the internet, believe what you want I guess.

I'm not here to argue or debate what a trusted friend told me or how stupid how it went down, just to say there are many reasons a business places this type of sign up. Annnnd, NO we do not have a "No guns" sign on our front door, however, we do not allow live guns in the force on force training area for obvious safety AND insurance reasons.

SB308 does not prohibit carry for Georgia Weapons License holders in restaurants. However, individual restaurant owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.”

Can't get much more precise than that. Carry in but if noticed....leave when asked to leave. Simple.
Or, say at home to drink, DUH!

It just occurred to me that he could have used a smaller sign in a less obvious place than the middle of the door (assuming that's the middle of the front door) if he just wanted to have an excuse for liability/insurance.
this.. anyone ever went to the buffalo wild wings on barrett parkway? teeny tiny little sign in the corner of the window, of course unless you are OC they don't enforce it... in a town that requires an ownership of weapons...?

Back
Top Bottom