WTB high quality cantilever scope mount.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
Reaction score
I have a odd situation with this scope. I don't have enough room to mount the scope the correct way with the P-Series two piece scope mounts. I have very little room to work with. I have never had a problem using the P-series mounts before but this scope just won't work with then. Tell me what you got and we will have to do some measuring to see if it will fit. Needs to be a 1inch tube design. Not looking for anything quick detach. Just thought I would put it out there before I go spend a ton on a scope mount.

pics of your setup would help. I dont have any to sell, but can help think of some brands that may get you what you need

I don't want to spend 200 bucks on a mount. Somewhere around 150-150ish. This build has already cost me 1800 what's another 100 or so. The problem with the two piece P-Series mount is that the wouldn't get close enough to allow the tube to sit proper. What I mean is the taper of the scope was hitting the mounts. I flipped one of the around just to mount the scope to shoot it. It's accurate as hell but it just looks wrong. One of the cantilevers is flipped around. I posted a pic of the rifle before it was done and took a heap of **** for it. I will probably have to take the scope off and take it with me and just compare the scope to mount outside of the package. I will add a pic and you can see what I mean. I really don't like the straight up mounts but I am afraid that's what I will have to do. As you see the one scope that fits right is and old Bushnell I took off a 1980's Rem 700 BDL that I got when My dad died. I decided to try the Bushnell AR optics 308 scope. Turns out to be a clear, accurate scope. However it just doesn't have the tube space to accept it correctly. Very restricted with tube clearance.
CAM00443.jpg

Attachments

• 20150920_133113.jpg
    20150920_133113.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom