yet another one

"If you have a collection and decide to liquidate it, you are not affected. If you buy a gun and decide you don't like it and sell it, you are not affected."

Is it not probable with the clarity of this new rule that the ATF could bend it to their will and use information gathered from a site like this to build a case? If you buy a gun and don't like it and you paid $350 and its listed here for $400 and some shmuck buys it, you have broken the rules. If you do that once a month and every time there is an electronic example for a year that's 12 offenses. Same logic applies to collections liquidated, if its 30 firearms over the course of a year, you might get a knock at the door. Also, if you bought a Ruger 77 in the 90's for say $700 and you sell it for $ 1300 because collector value went up is that not profit?

You are correct the rule is just verbiage explaining an already existing law, its not new. Maybe I am just another conspiracy theorist but the rule was published for a reason, and I believe that reason is to further track the activity and private sales on sites like this and to build cases, and play the long game, hope I am wrong.
No more so than it is now. As I and others have stated, it is political theater. Biden will be patting himself on the back for shutting down the nonexistent "gunshow loophole". If it serves anything, it is a warning to those you mentioned selling 5 or 6 different guns a month (or more) and those people already knew they were breaking the law. If anything, that is who they will be going after. I seriously doubt they have the budget or man power to be bothered with many. Only those who are blatant about it.
Again, just my opinion and it does not effect me personally. They can walk into my home and inspect my records any time they want. (During business hours).

Can you add a link to your source?

I just checked out the RK page for the May 18th show and it didn't say anything about no private sales...

it was Russ. he talked Bambi and them and canceled his tables.. i dont think they have updated yet because its still in the "grace" period... the expo will be after the 30 days...

"If you have a collection and decide to liquidate it, you are not affected. If you buy a gun and decide you don't like it and sell it, you are not affected."

Is it not probable with the clarity of this new rule that the ATF could bend it to their will and use information gathered from a site like this to build a case? If you buy a gun and don't like it and you paid $350 and its listed here for $400 and some shmuck buys it, you have broken the rules. If you do that once a month and every time there is an electronic example for a year that's 12 offenses. Same logic applies to collections liquidated, if its 30 firearms over the course of a year, you might get a knock at the door. Also, if you bought a Ruger 77 in the 90's for say $700 and you sell it for $ 1300 because collector value went up is that not profit?

You are correct the rule is just verbiage explaining an already existing law, its not new. Maybe I am just another conspiracy theorist but the rule was published for a reason, and I believe that reason is to further track the activity and private sales on sites like this and to build cases, and play the long game, hope I am wrong.
If you bought a Ruger 77 in 1990 for $700 and you sell it for $1300 you are losing money. Run that thru an inflation calculator and to break even you would have to sell it for $1,672.28.

If you bought a Ruger 77 in 1990 for $700 and you sell it for $1300 you are losing money. Run that thru an inflation calculator and to break even you would have to sell it for $1,672.28.
I think you missed the point. and I doubt the ATF will give two ****s about an inflation calculator. But maybe a good lawyer could use that as a defense.

That's the promoter's perogative to limit private sales and carry ins. As for myself, it's my prerogative not to attend such an event.
There's y'all's answer right there. If the show promotor wants to side with the gubment "Rule" it's their right to do so. The flip side of that is that it's MY right not to pay MY money to look at overpriced **** and be scrutinized by local law or Fed Boys.
So let's just sit back and watch how it plays out for the show promotor that prefers bending over to the Man. If this ain't their last show then it probably ain't far off.

There's y'all's answer right there. If the show promotor wants to side with the gubment "Rule" it's their right to do so. The flip side of that is that it's MY right not to pay MY money to look at overpriced **** and be scrutinized by local law or Fed Boys.
So let's just sit back and watch how it plays out for the show promotor that prefers bending over to the Man. If this ain't their last show then it probably ain't far off.
i dont think they chose to side with the ATF.. i think its that they realize the gravity of the new rule, and know they could easily be held liable.. if the promoters are willing to give up revenue from private sale tables and attendees selling their personal property... i think its telling as to the gravity of this new rule....

i dont think they chose to side with the ATF.. i think its that they realize the gravity of the new rule, and know they could easily be held liable.. if the promoters are willing to give up revenue from private sale tables and attendees selling their personal property... i think its telling as to the gravity of this new rule....
Can promoters be held liable for illegal transactions executed within their venue?

These shows were a staple for me and my dad. I realize they are nothing like they were. We still managed find a gem or two, and a had a lot of fun looking and talking to people. Always a history lesson in there somewhere. We have no interest in the dealer tables littered with plastic pieces. There are a few dealers that have some good old blued steel and wood, but they are mighty proud of them. We wont be going to this one for sure. Maybe the law hasnt changed, but whether they enforce aggressively is irrelevant. Enough people understand that it could be used against them if they were to trade in firearms. I think legal owners/hobbyists take all the heat for the gang culture.

Back
Top Bottom