• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1/16/24 Coyote down!

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
It was 14 degrees when I got set up on a buddy’s hay field a little bit after 11PM tonight.
I set my call up in the center of the field and started out with cottontail in distress. It wasn’t long before two coyotes entered the field at the far end, on my downwind side. They eventually got my wind and retreated back the way they came from. One of them stopped after running away a short distance and sat down in the field. I guess it was conflicted about giving up on an easy meal. I got settled on it and touched off a round. I heard the thump of the bullet just after the report of the rifle. She ran another 50 yards and expired before leaving the field. The second coyote had already exited the field before I could get on it.
The shot distance was 250 yards and it hit her right through her vitals. I’m still in shock that I was able to pull that off!
IMG_1851.jpeg
IMG_1846.jpeg

wc123 wc123

Howa Mini Action 6.5 Grendel
#6 barrel shortened to 16.5” and threaded
B&C stock
Jard trigger (love this thing!)
Metal trigger guard and hinged floor plate to replace plastic guard and mag
Bolt spiral fluted/cerakoted grey
Rex Silentium MG7 can
AGM Rattler thermal
Ammo of choice is Nosler Varmageddon 90gr ballistic tips.

BOG Death Grip tripod…..I was not too crazy about using this at first but I don’t like hunting without it now.

wc123 wc123

Howa Mini Action 6.5 Grendel
#6 barrel shortened to 16.5” and threaded
B&C stock
Jard trigger (love this thing!)
Metal trigger guard and hinged floor plate to replace plastic guard and mag
Bolt spiral fluted/cerakoted grey
Rex Silentium MG7 can
AGM Rattler thermal
Ammo of choice is Nosler Varmageddon 90gr ballistic tips.

Big Death Grip tripod…..I was not too crazy about using this at first but I don’t like hunting without it now.
Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom