10-14 hunt. Deer #2 down!

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
I have a few hours to hunt and then I'm going to hang a stand or two. I'll be set up on a giant White Oak that's dropping acorns in a creekbottom which bisects a clearcut. Deer are known to funnel down this creek bottom and stop at the Oak on their way back to bed. It's only 54 degrees here-not quite cold enough but I'm glad it's at least somewhat cool. Good luck to those who are going.

Three mornings in a row, I've rode down the dirt road to the hunting cabin and seen the same set of MONSTER tracks crossing headed straight across this plot. I'm pretty sure he's moving in dark but I'm up here this a.m. just in case he over slept and is running late for my neighbors corn chunker.
2016-10-14 07.29.53.jpg

Three mornings in a row, I've rode down the dirt road to the hunting cabin and seen the same set of MONSTER tracks crossing headed straight across this plot. I'm pretty sure he's moving in dark but I'm up here this a.m. just in case he over slept and is running late for my neighbors corn chunker. View attachment 931842
Put up a trail cam and that will answer your question, about what time of the day he crosses.

Back
Top Bottom