• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/21 Opening Day Deer Firearms

My brother is wanting to kill this 9pt. He needs to hurry up before I change my mind and shoot him myself. I saw him this morning and again this afternoon, so tomorrow his sitting in my stand. Cell phone picture doesn't do him any favors.View attachment 6377428
You are one helluva brother. He might have gotten 308’d

Saw 7 today. Only one while in the stand. A little tall fork horn. I walked up the firebreak about 100 yards after I got down at 11 to see if I could find a better spot to sit tomorrow. A doe popped out onto the firebreak and took off running toward the bottom before I could get a shot. I started walking back and I saw 3 does down in that bottom running the other way. They stopped and never saw me so I walked toward them to see if I could get a shot. They were acting weird but they had no clue I was there. Had 1 in the scope but I wasn't sure she was the biggest so I didn't shoot. Then I heard the grunt. Looked left and saw the buck pushing them. He wasn't a giant but he was a decent 8. They kept pushing around for a few minutes. I had him in the crosshairs but it was too much of a quartering away that I had about a 2 inch window so I didn't shoot. They moved 30 yards to the left so I tried to get behind a different tree to get a good shot. 1 of the does finally busted me. It was one of the most exciting and frustrating times I've ever had in the woods. I'm setting up close to that spot in the morning. Probably won't see **** but I'm not passing up a good shot tomorrow.

I Thought I smoked one, but all I found is a bunch of blood looked for two hours!!!!😔😔😔

Attachments

• IMG_5972.png
    IMG_5972.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5971.jpeg
    IMG_5971.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5970.jpeg
    IMG_5970.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5967.jpeg
    IMG_5967.jpeg