• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/24 hunt

I pulled off a great hunt this morning.
Right around 0800 a doe snuck up behind my ladder and stopped.
Took me a minute to turn and twist without getting busted and was able to get a double lung...she went 40 yards and piled up.
While she was thrashing I began to reload just in case.
While I was reloading I saw a bigger doe lingering around the now expired doe.
After a couple minutes she walked right up to the same exact spot as the other one did and stopped......I let one fly and she kinda flinched.
My arrow hit her shoulder and the bone deflected the bolt back and it exited her gut on the other side.
She didn’t run cause she was in bad shape.
She stood there all tucked in and back arched.
then Mr. six you guys know about came walking up.
I took great care reloading like a ninja when they weren’t looking and trying not to clack my plastic pieces of the pull rope together before tugging the string.
Whew....got it done silently.
I’m trying to get a good final kill shot on her but can’t cause branches are in the way.
Finally she stepped forward and I double lunged her.
She took a few steps and went down gladly for a gentle expiration.
Mr. Six lingered for a few minutes then trotted off.
Yeah I ruined his day for sure.

The weirdest thing about this whole hunt and although a bit embarrassing to say it’s a hunting story and you guys are hunters....is I was holding my gas until this point and literally one minute before the first doe came up behind me I cranked a god awful smelling fart and darn near scared myself out of the tree....the wind was even blowing to the rear and I told myself ain’t nothin coming around now....and yet that deer still came up not even sniffing the air....lol.
What gives?
So tell Biker I have my own competitor to killdee juice...haha.

View attachment 2884805
Congratulations

I pulled off a great hunt this morning.
Right around 0800 a doe snuck up behind my ladder and stopped.
Took me a minute to turn and twist without getting busted and was able to get a double lung...she went 40 yards and piled up.
While she was thrashing I began to reload just in case.
While I was reloading I saw a bigger doe lingering around the now expired doe.
After a couple minutes she walked right up to the same exact spot as the other one did and stopped......I let one fly and she kinda flinched.
My arrow hit her shoulder and the bone deflected the bolt back and it exited her gut on the other side.
She didn’t run cause she was in bad shape.
She stood there all tucked in and back arched.
then Mr. six you guys know about came walking up.
I took great care reloading like a ninja when they weren’t looking and trying not to clack my plastic pieces of the pull rope together before tugging the string.
Whew....got it done silently.
I’m trying to get a good final kill shot on her but can’t cause branches are in the way.
Finally she stepped forward and I double lunged her.
She took a few steps and went down gladly for a gentle expiration.
Mr. Six lingered for a few minutes then trotted off.
Yeah I ruined his day for sure.

The weirdest thing about this whole hunt and although a bit embarrassing to say it’s a hunting story and you guys are hunters....is I was holding my gas until this point and literally one minute before the first doe came up behind me I cranked a god awful smelling fart and darn near scared myself out of the tree....the wind was even blowing to the rear and I told myself ain’t nothin coming around now....and yet that deer still came up not even sniffing the air....lol.
What gives?
So tell Biker I have my own competitor to killdee juice...haha.

View attachment 2884805
Congrats. Looks like it's going be some good eating!

It was pretty darn warm this morning. I ended up seeing 3 or 4 (one may have been the same deer 3 hours later): three younger bucks and a doe. The bigger of the bucks was pretty vocal. I heard him grunt about 9:45 and he sounded like a boss. I grunted a few times and was able to pull him in. Got the old ticker going and thought he was a biggun. Turned out to be a little 8 pointer and smaller than he sounded lol. Y'all be careful out there. Lots of reptiles out today including snakes.

IMG_20201024_094245135.jpg

IMG_20201024_094919380.jpg

IMG_20201024_093939564.jpg

IMG_20201024_101344151.jpg

IMG_20201024_104056238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom