• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10th District US House Representative Paul Broun responds on 2nd Amendment

STEELHORSES

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
:thumb:

February 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Steelhorses,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding gun control. I appreciate the benefit of having your views on this issue.

The right of citizens to keep and bear arms is one of the most fundamental rights of a free people. History shows us that gun control legislation is progressive in its nature and detrimental in its results. Instead of preventing crime, gun control legislation has only increased the number of violent crimes. Yet, this fact has not prevented the introduction of several gun control bills in the 113th Congress. These bills would seek to prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition magazines (H.R. 138), impose federal regulation of all gun shows and require participants to undergo background checks (H.R. 141), ban internet and mail order ammunition purchases (H.R. 142), require the registration of firearms (H.R. 34 and H.R. 117), and ban all private firearms sales (H.R. 21). Unfortunately, these bills are likely only the beginning to a concentrated effort to seriously restrict Americans' Second Amendment rights.

I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman, and I strongly support the Constitution's Second Amendment right to bear arms. As a result, I will continue to defend the rights of law abiding citizens to purchase, use, and keep firearms. I vigorously oppose all attempts to restrict the Second Amendment. I believe that any law - whether at the local, state, or federal level - which restricts or infringes upon law abiding citizens' ability to own a firearm is unconstitutional and should be repealed.

As the Co-Chairman of the bipartisan House 2nd Amendment Task Force, I believe that the right to bear arms is not only important to Americans who use guns for recreation and hunting, but also to those who wish to use their Constitutional right to protect themselves in their own homes. I strongly support the right of the people to keep and bear arms-for hunting, recreation, protection, or for any other legal purpose they may choose-and I assure you that I will continue to do all I can to protect this fundamental right.

For additional information regarding issues affecting our great state of Georgia and the nation, please visit my website at http://broun.house.gov/. Access to my blog, iPhone app, and e-newsletter are all available through my website, as well. Thank you again for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to do so in the future if I can ever be of service.

Respectfully yours,
M
Paul C. Broun, M.D.
Member of Congress

Back
Top Bottom