• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/10 buck

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
Shot this buck yesterday morning at 7:30 am. A bigger buck came through first and he was moving so fast I could not get on him. Very thick hardwoods in South Ga. (Marion County). Working a scrape line like no other scrape line I've ever seen. About 15 minutes later this guy came through and I found a small opening out in front of him so I got on it and when he stepped in I let him have it. Approximately 70 yard shot. Had about 3 seconds to see him, find an opening and make the shot. I thought he was the same buck I saw a few minutes earlier but nada, the other buck was a 150" class. I've been hunting that bigger buck ever since I got some pics of him on trail cam. Maybe I'll get him next week when rut is in full swing down there. First kill on the new property. First kill with the BAR .30/06 I bought earlier this year on the ODT. As always with any deer I take, I'm grateful. Happy veterans day!

Picture 515.jpgPicture 511.jpg

Thanks a bunch yall. I did not get to hunt much last year and did not even take a deer, so I am glad I have more time to hunt this season. Saw a ton of does and young bucks, and 2 good shooter bucks this weekend. Also saw a big red fox and several fox squirrels. Gotta love the outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom