• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/17 Hunt

Killed and grilled on the same day.

D3EF52DC-C80B-406A-8C62-EE146DF7172F.jpeg

What happened this morning? I kept refreshing this thread waiting for pics. My heart sunk when you posted that you couldn't find blood.
I have no clue. He’s batting 500 on deer right now. I’m going to get him off of that road crossing for a while and set him up in some big woods. Maybe that will settle him down. The road crossing is red hot right now, but I believe it’s making him feel pressured to hurry up and shoot since they usually don’t linger there very long.

I have no clue. He’s batting 500 on deer right now. I’m going to get him off of that road crossing for a while and set him up in some big woods. Maybe that will settle him down. The road crossing is red hot right now, but I believe it’s making him feel pressured to hurry up and shoot since they usually don’t linger there very long.

I understand that for sure. The places I hunt leave me short windows and I yank the hell out of the trigger. I feel bad for him but it will make him a better hunter.

I understand that for sure. The places I hunt leave me short windows and I yank the hell out of the trigger. I feel bad for him but it will make him a better hunter.
I’m just glad that the misses were clean. He’s had plenty of Trigger time to prepare and the rifle is set up on a tripod shooting stick. He’s not one bit afraid of the rifle and squeezes the trigger slowly without a flinch. Not to mention the trigger is light and breaks like glass. He knows to keep his finger off of it until he’s ready to shoot. I really feel that the setup on that roadbed crossing makes him feel rushed. It’s one of this spots where the deer just pop out and cross in mere seconds. Hell, I have killed deer there before and I felt rushed to make a shot. I have another stand set up for us in a creekbottom funnel that will give him all the time in the world to get set and comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom