• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/3 Deer Hunt

Any minute now.....

D7F5257A-AD7D-4931-B81B-628ECAA3881C.jpeg

Went out this evening to the tower stand.
My buddy saw two out of his window but they never came close enough.
I saw one at a full gallop on the ridge probably going to get a drink.
After we came out of the woods in the dark I heard a large herd come within fifty yards of us and were grazing on acorns under one of my ladders.
Doh!

Took the Trapdoor Carbine tonight. Got to the stand and realized I forgot the dang ammo. :doh: Also had the Contender pistol in 30/30 (at least it was loaded). Had a doe come in behind me and fed on acorns for 30 min or so before walking off down the hill. She started back my way and I decided I would take her if she got close enough. After 45 min or so I saw another deer come in the hardwoods; BUCK, and a decent one. Grunted a couple of times and hit the doe bleat and he came on in. He fake charged the doe and she ran back up the hill, but he followed. Shot him in the shoulder, he stood straight up and fell over in a ditch. Then he got back up and trotted 20 yards before taking a dirt nap. 9 pointer, wife took the pics, I'll try to get them posted.
Congrats all!

Took the Trapdoor Carbine tonight. Got to the stand and realized I forgot the dang ammo. :doh: Also had the Contender pistol in 30/30 (at least it was loaded). Had a doe come in behind me and fed on acorns for 30 min or so before walking off down the hill. She started back my way and I decided I would take her if she got close enough. After 45 min or so I saw another deer come in the hardwoods; BUCK, and a decent one. Grunted a couple of times and hit the doe bleat and he came on in. He fake charged the doe and she ran back up the hill, but he followed. Shot him in the shoulder, he stood straight up and fell over in a ditch. Then he got back up and trotted 20 yards before taking a dirt nap. 9 pointer, wife took the pics, I'll try to get them posted.
Congrats all!

Hell yeah! Post them pics. Congrats bud.

Back
Top Bottom