• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11-3 Hunt

Another good morning when I could not go. Tomorrow will be another story.

Good luck killers!

Saw 12 this morning, had a small buck pushing a doe around 9. I contemplated taking a big slick top again. I think I might if I see one this evening.

120# doe this morning. They are starting to chase in Meriwether. A lot of bucks coming into cooler.
20201103_101800.jpg

They have been chasing hard up here in SE Floyd Co. Been here Saturday and have seen a ton of deer just about all(about 90%) of the does I seen are being chased. Had my stud in here this morning chasing 7 does and grunting like crazy. He just wouldn’t stop for a shot. Least he isn’t spooked and I’m here till Sunday so hope he comes back.

So, here's a dumb question from a non hunter. If bucks are territorial, and you kill the one that is chasing all your does, what happens? End of breeding season for those does? Another buck figures out a spot opened up for him? Younger bucks fill in?

So, here's a dumb question from a non hunter. If bucks are territorial, and you kill the one that is chasing all your does, what happens? End of breeding season for those does? Another buck figures out a spot opened up for him? Younger bucks fill in?
Exactly. Another buck will move in.

As stated above, yes.
One buck won’t breed all of the does though. He can’t keep an eye on all of them at once.

Back
Top Bottom