$12.95 Seems like a good price on new steel AK mags?

I got 4 of these for $60 total. So with shipping it equaled to paying $15 each. The rear tab plates needed to be fitted a bit. The tab is too high and hits the inside brace of the gun. A bit of filing to round off the edges and now they fit all of my AKs.
http://www.keepshooting.com/gibbs-matra-ak-47-magazine-30-round.html

Left is the "Croatian" Gibbs/Matra. Right is an old surplus Romanian for comparison. The arrows and box are where I had to file down the plate. You can see that it not only is too thick but it extends above where a normal catch plate should be.
DSCN0195.JPG

DSCN0198.JPG

DSCN0200.JPG

BUT.......These oversized (out of spec) mags may be a blessing for some. These mags are also just a tad bit wider than most mags.If you have a lot of mag wobble in your gun then try one of these mags. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Remember that the Gibbs magazine and the Croatian magazines are not the same at all. Here is the making of the Gibbs magazines. There has not been a second batch of the Gibbs magazines. The Croatian ones had problems too, but their latest batch, from SGAmmo and other vendors, has supposedly addressed these problems.

Got mine in today too. Will need to do some filing to fit perfectly as they are really tight and wont latch but overall these mags are really nice. I dont mind spending the 5 mins to file them down.

Got mine in today too. Will need to do some filing to fit perfectly as they are really tight and wont latch but overall these mags are really nice. I dont mind spending the 5 mins to file them down.

What type of AK do you have? Just curious if others have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom