16" 300 Blackout Short Stroking

Can you post a picture of the gas block (front and back) and disclose the manufacturer? ASH556's advice is step one after you get the gas block sorted out.

The gas block has been mangled in an attempt to break it loose. It was a clamp on style, and the screws stripped out. As far as brand, it was a $9.99 Ebay special. I have already removed the gas tube from the block as well. I wish I would've snapped some pictures. I believe the gas tube itself came from Tactical Ambush.

I like the clamp on style of gas blocks better, and thought about going with a Yankee Hill block. I am not advanced enough to dabble into adjustable gas blocks! Hopefully this will straighten her out, and I can get her away from being a "bolt action."

300bo.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got it worked out.

Just FYI, I have previously used the yhm clamp on with the troy free float that you have pictured. It fits but just barely. I noticed that the block touches the ff guard meaning that the main accuracy benefits of such a setup would maybe be negated. I ended up going with a set screws type to get the necessary clearance. A vltor clamp on may work - or so I've read on forums - but I wasn't looking to spend $60 at the time. Again, just a heads up. Your results may vary.

This ^^^ if it's not extracting the spent case add a vitton 006 oring around the extractor spring, problem solved

If it is switch to h2 buffer
Did you read the rest of the threads? It was undergassed due to a bad gasblock/gas tube (ebay specials)

I also noticed a few people may not of realized this was a 300blk, not 556. They behave very differently and have different requirements than a 556 for proper operation

Did you read the rest of the threads? It was undergassed due to a bad gasblock/gas tube (ebay specials)

I also noticed a few people may not of realized this was a 300blk, not 556. They behave very differently and have different requirements than a 556 for proper operation

Yes, the problem was a cheap gas block off of eBay. Now with a quality product, she's spitting out 300 Blackout like it is going out of style. I would recommend anyone to go ahead and spend the extra $15 and get a quality block the first go round.

Back
Top Bottom