• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

18" 416R Stainless Melonite Spiral Fluted Barrel **Daily Deal**

I've had a similar barrel before and loved it. If I was building a great multi-purpose AR, I'd be all over this barrel. I love the 1:8 twist. You get the best of all worlds. You can shoot light varmint loads or you can shoot 77gr SMK's and everything in between. At this price and Integrity Arms' reputation, you can't go wrong.

Anyone have any insight into this barrel? I am building my first ar on a budget, so can't be too picky, but can't really find anything pro or con on it

I've had a similar barrel before and loved it. If I was building a great multi-purpose AR, I'd be all over this barrel. I love the 1:8 twist. You get the best of all worlds. You can shoot light varmint loads or you can shoot 77gr SMK's and everything in between. At this price and Integrity Arms' reputation, you can't go wrong.
What about the weight? 2.02 pounds seems a bit chunky.. is that about the norm? Sorry for the newb questions....but I'm an ar newb

It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want tacticool, that's not the barrel for you. If you want a nice barrel that will shoot great groups with decent ammo and also last you 15k rounds, this is the barrel. Also keep in mind that this barrel is 18". I like 18" barrels, but it's not for everybody. 2# isn't that much. I'm guessing it's less than a 16" HBAR, and those are still popular.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want tacticool, that's not the barrel for you. If you want a nice barrel that will shoot great groups with decent ammo and also last you 15k rounds, this is the barrel. Also keep in mind that this barrel is 18". I like 18" barrels, but it's not for everybody. 2# isn't that much. I'm guessing it's less than a 16" HBAR, and those are still popular.
Ha ha ha... thanks for the input buddy. Looking for something to put it on a Tennessee arms polymer lower, with a TBD upper. I was looking for a light weight build, to go with my psa ar. Just a red dot and irons. I see the light weight barrel on their website, which may be a better match for this guns potential use.

Guys,
We did this profile to give the lightest weight possible, while still being a solid platform for accuracy. Lighter barrels flex when fired. Heavier barrels do too, but obviously not as much. At more than a half pound weight reduction compared to a standard 18" Hbar, you will definitely notice a difference. Fluting also adds rigidity (cools down quicker too).
To my knowledge we are the only company to offer a 10 day no questions asked return policy. I don't care if you shoot 10k rounds through it in the 10 days, if you're unhappy for any reason, return it for a full refund. Beyond the 10 days, manufacturers defects are still covered.

You guys gonna have any complete 7.5" 5.56/.223 uppers anytime soon?

Give us a call and we can get one done for you in under a week.
678-883-AR15

I got the same barrel with out the melonite, it it has been a solid barrel so far. Haven't shot past 50yards yet with it but it was very tight at 50 shooting all kinds of factory crap. Nothing out side of one inch.

Back
Top Bottom