• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

18 gun security cabinet, $109

chris-6mgte

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Walmart in Cumming (exit 14) has the Sentinel ( stack-on) 18 gun cabinet, on clearance for 109+tax= $116 and change, normally $149.00. This is not a safe, not fire rated - but it will serve my needs well. The clearance ticket is on the shelf, the cabinet rings up $149, but they will honor the $109 price.

I just loaded on up, they had 2x left on the shelf at 3:30pm today. Not a bad deal for a locking cabinet, IMHO.

Walmart in Cumming (exit 14) has the Sentinel ( stack-on) 18 gun cabinet, on clearance for 109+tax= $116 and change, normally $149.00. This is not a safe, not fire rated - but it will serve my needs well. The clearance ticket is on the shelf, the cabinet rings up $149, but they will honor the $109 price.

I just loaded on up, they had 2x left on the shelf at 3:30pm today. Not a bad deal for a locking cabinet, IMHO.
Hey there, does the cabinet have foam padding inside, how many long rifles do u think can get in there. Thanks

just looked online at walmart.com . there's a 22 gun cabinet (same brand, etc) that's on sale with free delivery for $138. About $150 with tax and all but that's not bad for a case and delivered to your house.

Hey there, does the cabinet have foam padding inside, how many long rifles do u think can get in there. Thanks
Not sure about the padding, mine is still in the box, in the back of car.

The reviews I read are pretty good, for a cabinet. Most people complain about dented panels and corners. My box looked find, no crushed area - but who knows.

If I need to add padding, a quick trip to home depot should fix up whatever I want.

They claim 18 long guns, but from what I've read, 5-6 on one side seems realistic. And if you're careful about tilting the barrel past the upper shelf (upper shelf does not go all the way to the back of the cabinet, from what I've read) you can get another 8 across the back.

Not sure about the padding, mine is still in the box, in the back of car.

The reviews I read are pretty good, for a cabinet. Most people complain about dented panels and corners. My box looked find, no crushed area - but who knows.

If I need to add padding, a quick trip to home depot should fix up whatever I want.

They claim 18 long guns, but from what I've read, 5-6 on one side seems realistic. And if you're careful about tilting the barrel past the upper shelf (upper shelf does not go all the way to the back of the cabinet, from what I've read) you can get another 8 across the back.
Thanks for the info and response. I hope you will post an update once u get it setup. So you paid $109 for it when it rang up as $149?

I have one of those. It has foam pad on the bottom. Barrel rests are foam/stick on type.
Do not plan on getting more than 12-14 guns into it. Any gun with a scope counts for two.
18 gun capacity is based on bolt action or shotgun. You cannot put two rifles with pistol grips in the corners, grips will not fit.
It locks on top/bottom and one side. I view as kid proof, not burglar resistant.

just looked online at walmart.com . there's a 22 gun cabinet (same brand, etc) that's on sale with free delivery for $138. About $150 with tax and all but that's not bad for a case and delivered to your house.
Here's the link:
https://www.walmart.com/browse/spor...ets-racks/4125_546956_1107532_1092124_1080244

Has a free door organizer for what it's worth.

BTW these stack on security cabinets hold much more when you use a storage solution like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Gun-Storag...86938508&sr=8-3&keywords=gun+organizer+velcro

So, I finally got it set up. Do yourself a favor and throw the instructions in the nearest memory hole. Now that the useless paper is where it belongs, you can get to work.
Put up shelving, if so desired, and then the barrel rests.

Barrel rests are made of molded plastic, attach with screws from outside of cabinet, unless you have long arms, you will need help with this.

I put the shelves on the right side/ hinge side (full length piano hinge, riveted in). Pain in the butt. Again you need really loooong arms, or help to do this. If I put them on the left (no door to work around) it would have been much easier.

They do provide 4x scope stand offs, basically a taller barrel rest. Realistically, you could have 3x scoped rifles on the back, and 4x iron sight rifles on the side, with out the shelving. They claim that you can place 2x rifles on the shelf side, but 1x seems more practical.

Barrel rests are too high for my 30-30, but not a big deal. Overall, I'm very happy with the cabinet. And it's made in USA, so it may not be a fancier Stack-on. No damage on my unit, however some paint (powder coat?) rubbed off from where the shelves (wrapped in cardboard) we're bouncing around during shipping.

If you got one of these shipped to your house, expect wall damage, they only use one sheet of styrofoam top and bottom to protect it. The sides front/ back just get the cardboard box. If you get it from the store, might get lucky - pallet of 4x shrink wrapped together much less likely to get dropped on corner or knocked over, kicked on side, etc.

The last pic is my "help" and one of the reasons for picking this up today. .
IMAG1387.jpg
IMAG1380.jpg
IMAG1379.jpg
IMAG1374.jpg
IMAG1380.jpg
IMAG1387.jpg
IMAG1380.jpg
IMAG1379.jpg
IMAG1374.jpg
IMAG1385.jpg
IMAG1387.jpg
IMAG1387.jpg