• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

18yo to buy a pistol? Riiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which the antis are frothing over to make an example out of someone when a state law allows more freedom than a fed law so they can fix the “disconnect”.

Neither state or federal law prohibits a party from selling a handgun to someone between the ages of 18-21 Both prohibit selling to someone under 18.

No disconnect here, state and fed in agreement.

Federal law trumps state law anyway. If the fed wanted to go into the states that have decriminalized marijuana , arrest all the stoners and seize all the dispensaries they could.

It would be a bad mo e, but they could do it. They would fair better trying to take all the guns from gun owners than they would seizing all the dope.

Thank you everyone for your input. Wasn't trying to start arguments or name call. I was unaware of legality of it. So it just comes down to me wanting to be a rights restricting Fudd I suppose.
I would wager that 98% of people thought the same as you... As you can see, even after showing the OCGA, people still argue about it...

Can’t we old people with a clean record get in trouble for selling a handgun to an 18 year old? One of my former hunting club former buddies got in trouble for giving a handgun to his brother-in-law who was over 21. The former buddy knew his bro-in-law had been denied when tryin to do it the right way. An 18 yr old would surely be denied if he tried to do it the right way. Anyway, I’m all for learning about this
Different story altogether. He sold or gave a handgun to a person he knew could not legally own it. An 18 year old can legally own a handgun. He just cannot purchase it from a federally licensed dealer.

Yes, a prohibited person. An 18 yr old would be prohibited during the NICS call. This is all educational but confusing. I think it’s time we all have a shot of Likka
A NICS check would not even be completed on an 18 year old because the FFL would know he could not legally sell it to them. Back when I first started I missed the fact that the guy was not old enough and the NICS examiner caught it and told me they could not complete the NICS check because the customer was not of legal age. So they were not denied on the NICS check. The check was terminated. If you try to do it online like I do now, it will not even allow you to finish if you put in hand gun and the date of birth does not show they are 21 or older so again, NICS check aborted. Not denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom