• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

20% off firearms at WalMart for Black Friday...

Will they do layaway on guns?[/QUOTE

According to this ad they do. ??

http://www.slickguns.com/product/20-all-firearms-walmart-black-friday-saturday-sunday

(Go to your Walmart TODAY and put the firearm you want on layaway with 10% down. Pay off your Walmart firearm in full on 28,29 or 30th Nov and the final sale will reflect the lower 20% discount Black Friday Price. This way you can reserve any firearm they have in stock and they will hold it for you. No need to fight the crowd on Black Friday.)

Last edited:
THIS is why shopping at Wal-Mart is so fun. So I fairly frequently go to the one up in Commerce. There is an older (I'm guessing 70ish) woman that works there who is well... 'bless her heart'.
The first time I saw her she asked a gentlemen if she could help him as he was straining to see the ammo behind the counter. He asked "Yes, do you have any .40?"
She replied "What?" He said "40 caliber. Do you have any?" Her reply "I've never heard of it. If it exists we don't carry it." He looked like someone hit him between the eyes with a 2x4 and he looked over at me. I just sort of smiled and shook my head. So I stopped by this weekend and there she was again. I asked her about the 20% off sale and if I could put something on lay-away now and get the discounted price over BF weekend. She said yes. Then said "Well, if it's one of the guns that will be on sale." I informed her I thought it was ALL firearms but didn't have the ad and couldn't remember. She said "No, it will just be certain ones." The ad of course, clearly states, ALL firearms.
In any case I checked out what they had and unfortunately nothing that really was calling to me but I noticed a 700 BDL and asked her what caliber it was.
She was looking at every gun but that one... Me "No, second rack... one in the back... the Remington 700 BDL... the glossy wood stock.... what caliber is it."
Her, finally "Ah yes, it's a Remington 700 BDL." Me... as politely as possible.... "Yes Ma'am but what caliber is it?" Her.... (wait for it.... wait for it....)... "It's a 12 gauge." ;) I informed her that couldn't be as it was a rifle and she eventually figured it out and conceded it was a .30-06 with the unlikely generational apology issued of "my bad". I LOVE Walmart... ;)

THIS is why shopping at Wal-Mart is so fun. So I fairly frequently go to the one up in Commerce. There is an older (I'm guessing 70ish) woman that works there who is well... 'bless her heart'.
The first time I saw her she asked a gentlemen if she could help him as he was straining to see the ammo behind the counter. He asked "Yes, do you have any .40?"
She replied "What?" He said "40 caliber. Do you have any?" Her reply "I've never heard of it. If it exists we don't carry it." He looked like someone hit him between the eyes with a 2x4 and he looked over at me. I just sort of smiled and shook my head. So I stopped by this weekend and there she was again. I asked her about the 20% off sale and if I could put something on lay-away now and get the discounted price over BF weekend. She said yes. Then said "Well, if it's one of the guns that will be on sale." I informed her I thought it was ALL firearms but didn't have the ad and couldn't remember. She said "No, it will just be certain ones." The ad of course, clearly states, ALL firearms.
In any case I checked out what they had and unfortunately nothing that really was calling to me but I noticed a 700 BDL and asked her what caliber it was.
She was looking at every gun but that one... Me "No, second rack... one in the back... the Remington 700 BDL... the glossy wood stock.... what caliber is it."
Her, finally "Ah yes, it's a Remington 700 BDL." Me... as politely as possible.... "Yes Ma'am but what caliber is it?" Her.... (wait for it.... wait for it....)... "It's a 12 gauge." ;) I informed her that couldn't be as it was a rifle and she eventually figured it out and conceded it was a .30-06 with the unlikely generational apology issued of "my bad". I LOVE Walmart... ;)

Unfortunately I know exactly who you are talking about. Don't even attempt to ask her about 22s. Super nice lady... not really sure that department is where she belongs... yet there she is every time you go in.

I think her husband works at the one in Calhoun ga! Same issue except he is hard of hearing...lol. Can I get some 9mm? What? 9mm... What? ...so I write it on a PC of paper and he just looks at it for a minute...what does that spell? Ugh....

LOL! Did you get the Remmy?

Back
Top Bottom