2004 GMC Yukon XLT with wet rear passenger floor carpet

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
It has not been raining and the rear floor board is wet again. This car has rear A/C and I already unclogged the rear A/C drain line under the rear fender and lots of water came out. Carpet is still wet.

None of the other areas in the truck are wet. Just the floor right behind the front passenger.

Any ideas?

Does it smell like beer?

Seriously, it could be condensation. My front passenger carpet was wet from nothing more than condensation after a long trip. Mine is a 2004 also.

Thought about making a reducer for my wetvac and sucking it dry. It's not anti freeze so that means the heater cores are good. Must be condensation from the rear A/C. There is a thick carpet pad under the carpet and it may still be soaked. The joys of vehicle ownership are much like home ownership, always something to fix!

Thought about making a reducer for my wetvac and sucking it dry. It's not anti freeze so that means the heater cores are good. Must be condensation from the rear A/C. There is a thick carpet pad under the carpet and it may still be soaked. The joys of vehicle ownership are much like home ownership, always something to fix!

I own a Suburban and the drain line for the rear AC is actually at the rear of the truck. Does yours have a sunroof/moonroof?

***Scratch that - I see you're talking about the rear floor. Thinking....

I was an auto tech for 18 years. When we would get cars in that had bad water leaks, I would take the carpet and pad out and hang it up to dry. It is amazing how much water that stuff holds. I would wet vac it and if possible, put a blower fan on it to dry. It may get musty smelling in a hurry if you just let it dry on its own.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom