• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2016 VA State IDPA Championship : Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

yrualeg

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
The there were 16 total stages. Due to a technical difficulty, I missed recording stage 14, I have a nice video of me standing up and walking out to check the targets you're not missing anything. I have 15 out of 16 stages here in my video.

We shot 16 stages in one day. I was smoked. I had a decent match but, did not meet my expectations...I was 8th in CDP Expert and 104th out of 216 Shooters. By the end of the day my focus was shot and I made some stupid mistakes. Got my only procedural penalty of the day and 2 FTN(Failure to Neutralize) on the 14th stage we shot Stage 2 in the video.

Solid Performance... I liked broken trigger finger. I think I'll steal that for our next match. Is there a reason your standard is to put the gun past cover and through portals or are you just getting sucked in? Please don't think I'm trolling I always ask with an open mind hoping to discover something I may not know yet.

I have a horrible habit of crowding cover...and I don't consider it trolling at all, I am far from being a professional and if my videos can help someone correct something they're doing it works for me.

Cool. Everything looked pretty solid outside of the cover crowding. If people are doing something unusual I always like to find out the why to see if it may make sense....? Your answer makes perfect sense. Cover does suck people in. Although there are circumstances that dictate being up close or sticking your firearm past cover, none were shown in those stages. We do a free outdoor IDPA practice in Jasper every Thursday from 5 to 9 all summer long. (Well the range guest fee of $10) If interested PM me.

Cool. Everything looked pretty solid outside of the cover crowding. If people are doing something unusual I always like to find out the why to see if it may make sense....? Your answer makes perfect sense. Cover does suck people in. Although there are circumstances that dictate being up close or sticking your firearm past cover, none were shown in those stages. We do a free outdoor IDPA practice in Jasper every Thursday from 5 to 9 all summer long. (Well the range guest fee of $10) If interested PM me.

Thanks for the kind words..yeah crowding cover and actually shooting too fast are my biggest challenges that I am working on....

Back
Top Bottom