2023 Trail Cam Pics

IMG_0146.png

Me too, I shot a buck 2 years ago that was technically considered piebald but nothing to this extent. The location of her in this pic and being rare is pretty bone chilling to me. My wife's grandfather passed this past June, he typically hunted yards away from where this camera is. A couple weeks ago her uncle and I went on the adventure to find his stand, when he was on his deathbed the day before he passed he told us that we needed to "go get his stand up from down on the creek" so after a little while of looking around we found it and found a ton of buck sign in the area so we moved the stand to a different tree about 50 yards away and I hung a camera on a scrape. It's as if he had a hand in seeing her and the various bucks we've had on camera there.
There was a piebald that lived on some property I hunted in Cobb County. I was hunting one night and had a decent buck come in right at dark. I shot on what should have been an easy shot. I got up and couldn’t find any blood. I searched for maybe 45 minutes. I decided to back out and come back at first light and hunt then look for the deer. It was extremely cold that night so I wasn’t worried about the meat spoiling.

The next morning I climbed up in a stand and at about 9 I couldn’t take it no more, I wanted to go look for the buck I shot. I started packing up my bag and happened to look up and see movement. It was 2 doe’s heading straight towards me. The second doe was the piebald that I had seen a few times. I got my bow ready and was already thinking about how I was going to tan the whole hide. As they made their way towards me coming straight I started hearing a cracking noise. The biggest damn oak in the woods falls in between them and me. I’m telling ya this must have been a 100 year old oak. Me and another person couldn’t have wrapped our arms around it. There was no breeze and the wind wasn’t blowing. The deer ran back the other way and I just sat there in disbelief. That was one of the oddest things to ever happen hunting.

There was a piebald that lived on some property I hunted in Cobb County. I was hunting one night and had a decent buck come in right at dark. I shot on what should have been an easy shot. I got up and couldn’t find any blood. I searched for maybe 45 minutes. I decided to back out and come back at first light and hunt then look for the deer. It was extremely cold that night so I wasn’t worried about the meat spoiling.

The next morning I climbed up in a stand and at about 9 I couldn’t take it no more, I wanted to go look for the buck I shot. I started packing up my bag and happened to look up and see movement. It was 2 doe’s heading straight towards me. The second doe was the piebald that I had seen a few times. I got my bow ready and was already thinking about how I was going to tan the whole hide. As they made their way towards me coming straight I started hearing a cracking noise. The biggest damn oak in the woods falls in between them and me. I’m telling ya this must have been a 100 year old oak. Me and another person couldn’t have wrapped our arms around it. There was no breeze and the wind wasn’t blowing. The deer ran back the other way and I just sat there in disbelief. That was one of the oddest things to ever happen hunting.
It's crazy how stuff like that happens at the most inopportune times 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom