22 mag shooters, step inside

Thanks I will look at a Savage. I have a Savage fvsr. I admit it is accurate but I think Savage could do better with their mags. Have two mags for it and both have gave me trouble. Now my Savage in 17 hmr is a heavy stainless barrel with the nice gray/black stock. It works fine.
Mine works like a champ. The fact that the Mark ll has been available for a while would make me think that the mag issues have been worked out on the Mark ll guns. No issues at all with mine. The new E receivers probably contribute to their reliability. My Mags are perfectly straight and not curved like some.

I have CZ 452, Cz 512 semi auto, Ruger American , Brono 611, Winchester pump (1959), Rossi carbine pump, Ruger 10/22 magnum, (2) Winchester lever action. I love them all but if you are looking for a bolt action the CZ 452 can't be beat.
For autoloaders, The Brno 611 is the class act, nothing else compares. The Marlin 922M is a second, then the CZ 512.

Somebody has an HK 300 for sail on here now, another excellent auto.....

Savage 93 series or a a savage 65m if you can find one. My old beat to crap 65m is LUDICROUS accurate with a couple different rounds. Nice thing about the savages and some marlins is that parts are pennys on the dollar if you want to tinker with them from company’s like sarco and numrich…
Numrich is the ticket! I have ordered parts on guns as far back as 1955 and I have only ran into one gun they didn't have the part for. The Armscor M1600 is a Rock Island Armory 22LR AR looking rifle. The trigger assembly is made from pot metal and hard to find. I have had that rifle for a year and still looking for a trigger. Numrich has type #1, #2 and #3 listed and schematics for the gun however, those triggers are rarely in stock due to demand. A direct result of the piss poor composition of the manufacturing process of that particular part.

I really like my Marlin 882SSV I upgraded to the laminate stock and a rifle basics adjustable trigger its a very accurate shooter

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 1
I really like my Marlin 882SSV I upgraded to the laminate stock and a rifle basics adjustable trigger its a very accurate shooter
I was thinking of upgrading mine to Boyds stock as well. Not that it'll make it shoot anymore accurate but it's definitely looks a lot nicer. I would have refinished this stock but it's made out of white ash. It's what they make baseball bats out of it's very hard but it looks like crap if you try to refinish it. A good Walnut stock really comes out in the beauty is evident when refinished. But white ash is a rear end to work with.

I was thinking of upgrading mine to Boyds stock as well. Not that it'll make it shoot anymore accurate but it's definitely looks a lot nicer. I would have refinished this stock but it's made out of white ash. It's what they make baseball bats out of it's very hard but it looks like crap if you try to refinish it. A good Walnut stock really comes out in the beauty is evident when refinished. But white ash is a rear end to work with.
Big thing for me was it balanced the weight on the rifle the factory stock made the gun very barrel heavy

Big thing for me was it balanced the weight on the rifle the factory stock made the gun very barrel heavy
Excellent info! I have got the one picked out and it's a deal at 162 with a gloss finish. I am going to order the metal trigger guard and mag plate. Did you get those when you ordered yours? If so which trigger guard and mag plate did you go with? They have three options.

Thanks I will look at a Savage. I have a Savage fvsr. I admit it is accurate but I think Savage could do better with their mags. Have two mags for it and both have gave me trouble. Now my Savage in 17 hmr is a heavy stainless barrel with the nice gray/black stock. It works fine.
Look for the Mark ll in particular. They come with wooden or composite stocks but do come with a bull barrel. Accu-trigger is an option but most come with the E_ Receiver and can be outfitted with the accu-trigger after the fact. My doesn't have the accu-trigger but it's a smooth, crisp 4 lbs.. The E-receiver is identifiable by the length of the action. I believe it's 7 & 3/4 inches long as opposed to 7 & 1/8 on the old E-receiver and older Mark ll's. There is a healthy aftermarket for the new Mark ll guns. A lot of trigger upgrades as well as metal trigger guards and mag plates. Plus Boydes makes some killer stock options in case a composite stock is all you can find. They are so affordable it leaves plenty of room in your wallet to dress it up and be far more attractive and utilitarian. For 440 you can purchase the rifle, outfit it with a beautiful Boyds stock, metal trigger guard, mag plate even add a trigger upgrade and come in well under 500 bucks. So much potential for a already varmint death dealing tack driver.

Excellent info! I have got the one picked out and it's a deal at 162 with a gloss finish. I am going to order the metal trigger guard and mag plate. Did you get those when you ordered yours? If so which trigger guard and mag plate did you go with? They have three options.
I used the trigger guard and mag plate from the factory stock just had to get a longer bolt for the stock, you could counter-sink the laminate stock to make the factory one work but I just went and found a longer one

Back
Top Bottom