22lr can be leathal at 450 yr

:doh:

A 22 short is a good SD weapon? Again :doh:

About the only time a 22lr would be a reasonable self SD weapon is at long range. That way the shooter has more ability to evade while waiting for the person to eventually die.

Oh and, do these guys think there are a lot of people that don't think a 22lr will eventually kill you, even if hit at long range? They act like most people would expect the bullet to just bounce off at that range.

who wants to get shot with one at 440 yds?

I have been shot in the left knee with one at about 12 inches. It felt warm, but it didn't hurt for about 2 hours. I had no problem walking, driving myself to the hospital, sitting in the waiting room of the ER.

Now I don't want to be shot with one at any range again, but a direct hit to my knee didn't even make it hard to walk until the next morning. Not exactly something I want to trust my life to.

Is a 22lr better than no gun? Of course. Is it a great survival gun? Not in my opinion. Small game can be captured with snares while you sleep and do other things and a little wire has the potential to catch endless game. While it's possible to a 22lr is nowhere near ideal for taking large game or self defense.

I had a buddy named George Morris. In high school in the 80s he got shot in the head with a 22 in a hunting accident when the guy behind him tripped as they where walking up a steep trail. 12 hour on the opperating table on life support and he didn't make it. He was the first of my friends that in knew and hung out with that died.

Back
Top Bottom