• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$299 for a $449 upper? Memorial Day Sale.

Just arrived this evening. It's is a quality piece as jjrock claims. Comes with one key mod picatinny rail, allen wrenches and what appears to be a locking agent.

The rail markings are more grey than white but not really an issue with me.

ARDSC_0001.JPG

ARDSC_0002.JPG

ARDSC_0003.JPG

ARDSC_0004.JPG

ARDSC_0005.JPG

Looks like a nice setup! That rail is easy to remove for maintence vs some of the other free float configurations. I locktited the two hex screws that clamp it to the barrel nut, it never came loose.

How's the gas block/ tube alignment? Have looked hard at the freedom uppers, but never found much reliable info.

Almost have all components for my second AR Build... This will be FDE
Picked this up from PSA... PSA 16" Carbine Length CHF M4 5.56 1:7 MOE FDE Upper - No BCG or CH
Charging handle is all I need.... Unless I do a rail on this one... Yours looks sweet... Good Deal....

What are you going to use for sights/optic?

You're the 2nd person to ask me that. Months ago AIM surplus had a big sale on the Primary Arms MD06/MD06L Micro Red dots for under $50. I only hear good things about them and one valued member claims it's the best red dot under $200.

Mine has a removable base and I can add an optional basic riser ($20). They have upgraded the optic and I believe this is the current replacement model for $90. https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_Removable_Base_Gen_II_NV_p/md-rbgii.htm

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_319gC9jOiBL.jpg

Looks like a nice setup! That rail is easy to remove for maintence vs some of the other free float configurations. I locktited the two hex screws that clamp it to the barrel nut, it never came loose.

How's the gas block/ tube alignment? Have looked hard at the freedom uppers, but never found much reliable info.

It seems to be GTG, air flows freely through the gas tube and I wouldn't expect it to be an issue from a reputable manufacturer. But if function issues occur then it's a check list item.

That red dot looks almost exactly like my Bushnell TRS25. I got several of those from PSA during the black Friday sales last year for about same price. I have them on several different guns including a 22lr pistol. I've never had a parts issue with PSA with the many I have built. Only manufacture that I have had an issue with was Anderson's on a bolt catch pin being oversized.

Back
Top Bottom