.30 cal Suppressor on an AR15?

Mostly shoot my AR standing. Weight is definitely a huge concern for me. I know you like the Harvester in .30 cal. What are some lightweight direct thread 5.56 cans you would recommend?
i mostly shoot 5.56 and dont shoot from a rest. I went with the specwar 556. No interest in having the extra length and weight for a few dozen 30 cal rifle shots a year.

Last edited:
I also hace the 762 can. It will suppress and ak 47 , ak74,.308, 300 wm,
30-06,ar 15 etc. Very versatile can and the weight is nominally different. So it's the perfect shtf can. As long as everything you have is threaded. Spend the extra money in reloading subsonic ammo which really makes the can quiet.

I also hace the 762 can. It will suppress and ak 47 , ak74,.308, 300 wm,
30-06,ar 15 etc. Very versatile can and the weight is nominally different. So it's the perfect shtf can. As long as everything you have is threaded. Spend the extra money in reloading subsonic ammo which really makes the can quiet.
Which can do you have?

I bought the sdn6 specifically because of the versatility. I was under the impression it would work on my savage 30-06. After getting it and running it on my ar's, it is significant, though nowhere near quiet or even .22 but comfortable.. It can be comfortably fired on my 10.5 w/o hearing protection... I know the dB's may not say its safe, but it no longer produces the piercing sound, just a very loud thud... My Buddy's have all been impressed too, its not just my ears... Now, for the '06, the qd mount is too large for my savage barrel and after talking directlynto aac, they do not reccomend it. The issue is that the '06 can be loaded hotter than the 308. Leading to potential damage... I heard that as "it might work fine, but we won't back it up if you have problems".. For the insane $1000+ cost of this thing, I'm not taking the chance.. I'm a firm believer that a 762,can is the best choice, I'd makensure that it will work for anything you ever intend to run it on.. It is fairly heavy, noticibly, but I think it has to be.. The blackout mount does ring, doesn't really bother me, but it does.. Either leave it dirty or buy the breakout instead.. Won't be running it on my '06s, but Dobbs will be getting my 30-30 for this hunting season... Plus, I'm all in on the 300blk now, will be stepping off that ledge shortly, seems like the perfect complemen for the Ar..

I bought the sdn6 specifically because of the versatility. I was under the impression it would work on my savage 30-06. After getting it and running it on my ar's, it is significant, though nowhere near quiet or even .22 but comfortable.. It can be comfortably fired on my 10.5 w/o hearing protection... I know the dB's may not say its safe, but it no longer produces the piercing sound, just a very loud thud... My Buddy's have all been impressed too, its not just my ears... Now, for the '06, the qd mount is too large for my savage barrel and after talking directlynto aac, they do not reccomend it. The issue is that the '06 can be loaded hotter than the 308. Leading to potential damage... I heard that as "it might work fine, but we won't back it up if you have problems".. For the insane $1000+ cost of this thing, I'm not taking the chance.. I'm a firm believer that a 762,can is the best choice, I'd makensure that it will work for anything you ever intend to run it on.. It is fairly heavy, noticibly, but I think it has to be.. The blackout mount does ring, doesn't really bother me, but it does.. Either leave it dirty or buy the breakout instead.. Won't be running it on my '06s, but Dobbs will be getting my 30-30 for this hunting season... Plus, I'm all in on the 300blk now, will be stepping off that ledge shortly, seems like the perfect complemen for the Ar..

ah .300 now were talking.

The 762SDN6 or now SR7 are both great options for a one and done, non magnum rifle can. I use my older 762SD on ARs all the time, and it sounds pretty good. The 762 cans have a little more volume, and I've found have more of a lower tone than the 5.56 cans.

Shot my 223 Hog Hunter today with my Cyclone. Sounded awesome....at least until a group showed up and started shooting unsuppressed.

Some people are so inconsiderate.

ha... I hate it went I have to share the range with the unsuppressed crowd too :) Kidding mostly-

OP- I've got a 5.56 and a .30 cal you're welcome to try out. Just bring ammo. However, I do not have a 1/2x28 to 5.8x24 thread adapter to put the .30 on an AR. I should have some free time next weekend, provided I'm over this stupid cold I've got now.

Back
Top Bottom