• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 carbine bullets in a 300 aac??

ICARUS

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
20   0
Reaction score
i have found some 30 carbine projectiles at a good price. they are 110 grain bullets..I have been loading 110 grain v-max for my 300 blackout. from what i have found the 30 carbine bullets would do fine in the 300aac BUT, just wanted to check and see what others think. I would hate to load up a few hundred rounds and find out something was wrong..i am going to load these up for just general shooting and plinking..any thoughts?

Other than the rounder profile of most .30 carbine bullets I can't see where there should be much difference?

I've loaded a few reduced .308 Win using 110 grain 30 cal's and couldn't get the accuracy I thought I should, but it never crossed my mind to dig them out and try them through the .300 I had last year?

You may want to load a dummy round or two and see if the round nose profile will feed in a Pmag. If you use GI mags I don't think it will make a difference, but pmags have a rib down the center of the front of them internally.

i have found some 30 carbine projectiles at a good price. they are 110 grain bullets..I have been loading 110 grain v-max for my 300 blackout. from what i have found the 30 carbine bullets would do fine in the 300aac BUT, just wanted to check and see what others think. I would hate to load up a few hundred rounds and find out something was wrong..i am going to load these up for just general shooting and plinking..any thoughts?

not sure you will get the terminal performance you are looking for.
did not state what type of bullet it is, so I'm not sure.

For plinking, burning powder, and making noise, the "terminal performance" doesn't seem too high on the OP's list.

The carbine bullets are right in the stubby 300's speed rating, so soft point bullet performance should be about equal with the old carbine powered ones.

Still, I wouldn't recommend loading more than 50 or so to try. Feed reliability or just plain rotten accuracy may make them unacceptable at any price. Pulling bullets will never be my favorite pastime.

The old short jacketed 30 cal around 100 grains would be a fun one to try.

They look like a short lead bullet with an extra thick and long gas check on the hind end. They can be a lot of fun in any 30 cal

Back
Top Bottom