• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

30 yard grouping with the bear attitude

97   0
Reaction score
image.jpg
Today I was outside shooting my bear attitude for the first time after getting it tuned. What do you guys think about this grouping at 30 yards? I'm not real sure how accurate bows are suppost to be so lets hear your honest opinion. This is my 2nd year bow hunting. Last year I didn't really know much so all the tips I could get will help me out a lot.

The old rule is if you can group inside a 8" circle you can hunt at that distance. At 30yds you should be putting them all inside that center circle in my opinion. Technique is a huge factor when shooting a bow. Make sure you are shooting the same each time and taking your time between shots. If you plan on hunting out to 30yds practice shooting at 40 or even 50yds. Shooting at further distances will tightin up the shorter groups.

The old rule is if you can group inside a 8" circle you can hunt at that distance. At 30yds you should be putting them all inside that center circle in my opinion. Technique is a huge factor when shooting a bow. Make sure you are shooting the same each time and taking your time between shots. If you plan on hunting out to 30yds practice shooting at 40 or even 50yds. Shooting at further distances will tightin up the shorter groups.
How long in between when taking shots? ?3 been taking 30 seconds-1 min after taking the next shot. Should I wait longer?

How long in between when taking shots? ?3 been taking 30 seconds-1 min after taking the next shot. Should I wait longer?
Everyone is different. What I'm really getting at is fatigue causes poor form aka creates bad habits. I typically take a minute or so between shots sometimes longer. Also, don't just pull up and release. Act like you are hunting and focusing on a deer. Hold on target for a good while before letting it fly. The best advice I was given is aim small miss small.

Put a piece of tape, about the size of a quarter, on the target and use that for your aiming point. this should tighten up your group.

Back
Top Bottom