• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

300aac whisper blk dies from Hornady.

Yeah I was talking about expanding so bullet can seat. Or else I have to hold the bullet and guide it up.

I have used the Berger VLD 210gr, and the Hornady A-max bullets and they have both been able to sit in the mouth of the casing without being held. Granted they were slightly canted, but the seating die just straightens them then seats it just fine.

Have you ever read a reloading manual?

I prefer video tutorial as visual demonstration is easier and quicker to learn. Also it's better to get to get tips and information from experience loaders than from a text book that explains nothing. Don't get me wrong, it does have great information but doesn't explain as much. Reason why I ask is because why does other companies provide expander but hornady doesn't? When I meant I have to hold it, I meant I have to hold it or else it falls off.

When I meant I have to hold it, I meant I have to hold it or else it falls off.

That's really pretty normal when reloading necked rifle rounds. Like I said, I've been reloading .308 for 20 years...I've always held the bullet in place with my thumb and index finger as I rode it up into the seating die.

That's really pretty normal when reloading necked rifle rounds. Like I said, I've been reloading .308 for 20 years...I've always held the bullet in place with my thumb and index finger as I rode it up into the seating die.

Thanks! I guess hornady choose that excuse to not make an extra die. Anyone know if other dies will work in the hornady?

No it's not necessary. They do however tell you little things like the difference between bottleneck and straight-wall cases. Hopefully he'll find an expander die that'll work with the hornady tho so he doesn't have to hold the bullets when seating them.

Must be a reason why some other companies provide it.

No it's not necessary. They do however tell you little things like the difference between bottleneck and straight-wall cases. Hopefully he'll find an expander die that'll work with the hornady tho so he doesn't have to hold the bullets when seating them.

I meant the tone of the reply. Reading the manuals is a must in my opinion. I must've misunderstood your intentions there.

Back
Top Bottom