• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.308 win on rcbs “junior press”???

Dieseltech

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
17   0
Reaction score
Anyone reload .308 on a rcbs junior? Looking for a rcbs press to do some precision loads for .308, so low round counts. I acquired rcbs shell holder and dies through another deal so I only need the press itself. Is an rcbs junior a bad choice for this cartridge with its lack of compound linkage?
I’m not a reloading newbie, just no experience with rcbs products. Have 4 Dillon progressives set up for different calibers, like I said want to do single stage for .308 precision. Open to other suggestions is the dies and shell holders will fit like Lee ect.

I use my Dillon 550 single stage style for my .308. I was banging steel the other day at 1000 yards with the loads that came off the Dillon. It makes ammo that’s as accurate as any other single stage press.

I use my Dillon 550 single stage style for my .308. I was banging steel the other day at 1000 yards with the loads that came off the Dillon. It makes ammo that’s as accurate as any other single stage press.
I agree 100% sir I do that as well with my precision .223 loads for my bolt gun. However I have those rcbs dies and shell holder in hand. Shell plates and tool heads are not readily available at the moment to convert my Dillon over.

By chance do you load 45 Auto on the 550 or 650/750? Same shell plate and locator buttons.

Tool heads are available on eBay. There’s a company on eBay that makes custom Dillon tool heads. Starts with a J. Can’t remember the name off the top of my head. They are quality and inexpensive. I have several for my 550 and 650.

No sir I do not, I do my pistol reloads on SDB’s I like the short stroke machines better for pistol as well as the auto index.

Understandable. I moved all my high volume pistol and rifle stuff the 650 for the same reason. Auto index, case, and bullet feeder.

Good luck with the hunt. .308 is still an awesome and underrated round with all the new 6 and 6.5 hotness these days.

Understandable. I moved all my high volume pistol and rifle stuff the 650 for the same reason. Auto index, case, and bullet feeder.

Good luck with the hunt. .308 is still an awesome and underrated round with all the new 6 and 6.5 hotness these days.
For sure. I have yet to reload my own 308 as of yet but trying to. Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom