• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

338 lapoouh

When you’re stepping up in that fire power just go full custom. At $2500 you can at least have a quality action, stock, and barrel. Probably another 1200 in gunsmithing costs depending on how detailed you get on accurizing.

I'm in the market to buy one of these. Ideally, I'd like to get a CZ 550, but it seems that Savage and CHA are the two readily available brands. They cost about the same. Are they about equal in quality at the 2.5k price point? Before you ask, I'll be using it to hunt chipmunks.

Might be a tad light in caliber for those chipmunks. :rolleyes:

... I'll be using it to hunt chipmunks.

324FE2C7-780F-4E76-B4D7-5F7E8B583E79.jpeg

I'm in the market to buy one of these. Ideally, I'd like to get a CZ 550, but it seems that Savage and CHA are the two readily available brands. They cost about the same. Are they about equal in quality at the 2.5k price point? Before you ask, I'll be using it to hunt chipmunks.
Chipmunks at a mile and a half..................Seems like the perfect caliber to me. Of course I carry 44 magnum for self defense. I did pick up a 300 wm for squirrels.

Get a rifle with some heft, I have a Sako TRG-S light weight hunting rifle, approx. 7lbs without optics.
It will hurt bad, ask the many scope cut people who shot mine in the past.
"I'm telling you, wear the recoil pads, and DON'T choke up on the scope!"
It is a sharp dig, not a strong push like a heavy 50 BMG rifle.
But then, I guess this was purposely built for the one shot hunts, not for repeated target shooting.

I'm in the slow process of customizing mine, I bought the KRG Whiskey stock, was the last thing I did.
Was going to get APA to rebarell it to a much heavier profile barrel than the skinny hunting barrel.
Haven't followed up on that part, sigh...

Back
Top Bottom