• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

338 Lapua Brass. HOLY CRAP CHEAP!!!!!

Starting from scratch, what's the minimum cost of tooling up to exclusively reload 338LM ? Nothing fancy.
No more than any other rifle reloading if you don't consider the components. The brass is the thing that makes it expensive. That's why this is such a great deal.

If I still had my ammunition FFL I'd probably buy as much of this as they have and make a huge proffit on loaded ammo. You can't get this brass for anywhere near this price even at wholesale.

Ballpark cost for basic equip? I've never reloaded or owned any of that gear.
It depends on how you want to go about it. The equipment for precision rifle reloading is actually less expensive than for volume loading. You can get away with some pretty good precision reloads for around $400 worth of equipment.

Add a brass trimmer and dies and you're good to go.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1013036852?pid=937051

Ballpark cost for basic equip? I've never reloaded or owned any of that gear.

All depends on what brands you want to go with & how exact you want to get with reloading. You could always start with a Lee single stage cast press like me, it can handle up to 50 bmg & is made with recycled cast iron railroad beams.

It's not just the press & dies, you'll need a trimmer, scale, micrometer, reloading manual, case lube, on and on. Then you'll need bullets, powder, brass, primers & time. It's the time that people don't think about, it eat's up your time away from other things that need taken care of.

Is this the same stuff? If so got some laying about.
upload_2019-10-19_16-57-40.jpeg

upload_2019-10-19_16-59-13.jpeg

upload_2019-10-19_17-1-49.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom