• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

410 help

rock1967

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
I found this old 410 that went thru Katrina. Plan to turn into a squirrel gun. She aint pretty but with some cleaning and paint should do just fine for a backyard squirrel gun. From what I can find out it is an old CBC 410 made in brazil and imported thru Miami. When I went to tear apart and clean up last night I couldn't get barrel to separate from receiver. I tried driving the big pin out. I could only get it to go about a third of the way before it stopped. Tried from both sides. In the process I messed up the ejector and now it doesn't unlock and break like it should. The ejector and everything worked before I started. The first picture is not of my gun. But what it looked like many moons ago. How do I separate barrel from the receiver ?

Attachments

• 410.png
    410.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 411.png
    411.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 412.png
    412.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 413.png
    413.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 414.png
    414.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 100
  • cbc 410.jpg
    cbc 410.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24
Sense the pin moves It most likely can be pressed out. I am not familier with that gun but most of the break open actions have a catch under the forearm area. I love working on old guns. The only problem is that you some times can't get parts for them. I am a gunsmith and would be willing to help. PM me. Curt

In a couple of the photo's you still have the hinge assembly (the part with the spring)on, this has to be removed first, then pull back on the plastic tab in front of the trigger to open the action and the barrel will pivot off the receiver.

Thanks for the help. Yea that spring on the barrel needed to be removed and then it was easy. Having taken it apart I can see that I should of left the forend attached that is what works the spring. Very simple to take apart. Now just need to fix the ejector that messed up beating on it.

Back
Top Bottom