• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

41f and Persuant Kerfuffle

As to the bolded postions of your response, you're speculating. You don't know that....I'm more inclined to agree with SloStang in that it is likely that FFL's will have the ability to do pictures and fingerprints on site as a courtesy. Who's to say, though? You could be right...but that still leads to my point. All this kerfuffle and Chicken Littling - and yet - still so many unanswered questions.

Right now it is worded that fingerprints will be taken by a qualified party. For my recent need for fingerprints, when I called the ATF and asked them who a "qualified party" was I was told my county sheriff. I have never seen an instance where the federal government or state government will accept fingerprint cards from anyone other than local law enforcement. I don't see them accepting fingerprints done at home or by Jimmy at Jimmy's Gun shop when neither provide any real accountability. To get fingerprinted by my local sheriff, I had to travel to the jail, fill out paperwork, pay a fee, show ID, and then be wait for one of the clerks who was "qualified" to take prints. The sheriffs dept then put their federal "whatever" number on the fingerprint cards and certified that they confirmed I was who I said I was and they as a qualified party took my fingerprints per FBI standards.

Last edited:
So come on up here and sell me your Liberty Mystic. It was made in Georgia, you bought it in Georgia, and you and I are both residents of Georgia. Interstate commerce doesn't apply. It will be a person to person private transaction so really the federal government doesn't have the authority to legislate/monitor the transaction so we should be good right?
I don't own a Liberty Mystic.

But your point is taken and in fact there is a case in the pipeline to SCOTUS over just that issue.

I think that you assume I've bought 167 guns and that all feedback left is for firearms transactions.

I further think that you've proven the former part of the definition of "assume." Only time will tell on the latter.

You mean like not only ASSuming but falsely stating that I "admitted taking" the trust route as a "way to avoid obtaining a CLEO signoff"??? :confused2:

But hey at least you appear to have moved on from erroneously claiming a trust is a loophole to the NFA process, so I guess I can't complain too much...

Right now it is worded that fingerprints will be taken by a qualified party. For my recent need for fingerprints, when I called the ATF and asked them who a "qualified party" was I was told my county sheriff. I have never seen an instance where the federal government or state government will accept fingerprint cards from anyone other than local law enforcement. I don't see them accepting fingerprints done at home or by Jimmy at Jimmy's Gun shop when neither provide any real accountability. To get fingerprinted by my local sheriff, I had to travel to the jail, fill out paperwork, pay a fee, show ID, and then be wait for one of the clerks who was "qualified" to take prints. The sheriffs dept then put their federal "whatever" number on the fingerprint cards and certified that they confirmed I was who I said I was and they as a qualified party took my fingerprints per FBI standards.
Dang that sucks!

I think that you assume I've bought 167 guns and that all feedback left is for firearms transactions.

I further think that you've proven the former part of the definition of "assume." Only time will tell on the latter.
So you insist on being an undocumented arms dealer...
Kinda like you ASSume that everyone who has a trust, did it in order not to get the CLEO signature or fingerprints....

PS Irony in my post was lost on you....
This post is meant to point out the double standard as well.

Last edited:
I understand the fingerprinting process. I've been through it many times myself. However, given the broad scope of the proposal and given the fact that multiple definitions are still in the air, whose to say that what a "qualified party" may end up being?

I don't own a Liberty Mystic.

But your point is taken and in fact there is a case in the pipeline to SCOTUS over just that issue.

Which will go nowhere otherwise the entire NFA will go out the window and we will end up with 07/02s making cans, machine guns, etc. in every state only selling them to in state residents.

According to the supreme court, an instate manufacturer selling a product to instate residents only still affects interstate commerce because people are now NOT purchasing items across state lines and as such the federal government has the authority to regulate said commerce under the interstate commerce clause. How ****ed it that?

So you insist on being an undocumented arms dealer...
Um...no.

Kinda like you ASSume that everyone who has a trust, did it in order not to get the CLEO signature or fingerprints....
I assume no such thing. I have a trust myself and I had it drafted for neither of those two reasons. But to say, categorically, that trusts are not used to circumvent CLEO approvals is intellectually dishonest.

NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter so now it's gonna cost us an extra 50 on top of the 200?

For me it is an extra 50 per person on my trust. I have myself and 3 other people on my trust so now the cost is 200 plus the original 200.

I didn't get a trust to bypass the CLEO authorization, heck I can get that easy. I used a trust to avoid the time and expense of getting fingerprinted and photos taken....... Hell, I went one further, of my 14 NFA items 13 of them are Efile because I wanted to avoid the hassle and expense of printing two copies, writing a check, mailing forms. What can I say, I am a lazy son of a bitch. My 14th NFA item wouldn't have even been purchased if @Nonliberal wasn't such a good friend and I didn't want to be one of the first to own one of his cans. I certainly didn't need it, and to be honest the whole "paper" route was more hassle than it was worth to me. I haven't purchased an NFA item since.

Back
Top Bottom