• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$420 AR

Now is definitely the time to get into the AR game. I spec'd my SBR out for $610 and thats with quality parts, ACT trigger, CTR stock, Seekins upper.

Out of curiosity, what makes you different than "most shooters"?

I've heard mixed things about the PTAC stuff. While I'm sure your average shooter or just someone that wants a AR it'll be fine for but I'd rather spend a little more to get a better quality. I'm sure Radar is thinking along those same lines.

Out of curiosity, what makes you different than "most shooters"?

I've heard mixed things about the PTAC stuff. While I'm sure your average shooter or just someone that wants a AR it'll be fine for but I'd rather spend a little more to get a better quality. I'm sure Radar is thinking along those same lines.

What he said. I didn't mean to imply that I am some super-secret operator, because I'm not, but I have built a few AR's including one for each of my sons that didn't cost much more than the PTAC kit.
Do I have hands-on experience with PTAC products? No, but like Lazerus said I am not sold on their quality from what I've read, especially when you're not saving that much by using better-known parts and sources.

Will the guy who shoots dirt in his back yard ever know the difference? Probably not. But will a PTAC kit hold up during a 2-day, thousand round count class? I don't want to find out the hard way.

Sorry for the thread derail OP.

Back
Top Bottom