• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

44mag loads for Revolver and Lever Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have a particular 44 magnum load they have grown found of that preforms well in both revolvers and lever action rifles? I havent purchased bullets or a specific brand of powder for loading 44 yet so instead of just picking one out of my Lyman manual and hopeing I like it I figured I would get some advice. I'm just looking for a good plinking style bullet for no more then 25 yards. Would love your "recipe" containing powder type and grain as well as bullet type and weight. Will be using Federal brass and CCI Large Magnum Primers if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

just because I have a lot of AA #7 around, my plinking loads are 240gr SWC from Georgia Arms over about 15gr AA #7, 1.580" OAL.

mid loads are 240gr Ranier Flat Point over 18 gr 2400, 1.61" oal. Both of these are with Wolf Large pistol primers.

Hoter loads I usually run H110 behind a 300gr XTP JHP (don't remember the load off the top of my head) with magnum primers.

I shoot these in a Ruger superblackhawk and a Ruger 96/44 lever action. haven't run them by my chronograph yet but they are fun enough and accurate enough for my needs, easy and cheap to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom