45 auto mag???

The Highlander

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
81   0
Reaction score
i was talking to a buddy that a few years ago got a big box of mixed ammo and in it was about 45-50 boxes of 45 auto mag.

Anyone familiar with this round? What type of gun would use it?

Thanks!!

My Buddy had one of the originals. It was built by High Standard, and used 45 automag ammo. I watched him shoot it one day and while standing behind him I noticed he'd tuck his head into his shoulder. I made the mistake of walking up along side of him when he let one go, and almost got knocked on my a** from the concussion that gun produced. Ah, what fun we used to have. That ammo is probably worth a good buck now. He was only able to get 4 boxes for it back when they were building them. This is from an old auction I found.

SN AO7317. 6.5" barrel, Semi-Automatic pistol with 2 interchangeable barrels, one in .44 Auto Mag Pistol and one in .357 AMP . High Standard Auto Mag pistol. These were produced in relatively small numbers, and the .357 barrel was considered "experimental" and is scarce. Features vent rib barrel, adjustable target sights, and comes in original Auto Mag case with paperwork and cleaning gear. Magazine, bolt, and sights all function the same with either barrel. Stainless finish, 95% - has some storage wear. Excellent condition.*

img.axd

My Buddy had one of the originals. It was built by High Standard, and used 45 automag ammo. I watched him shoot it one day and while standing behind him I noticed he'd tuck his head into his shoulder. I made the mistake of walking up along side of him when he let one go, and almost got knocked on my a** from the concussion that gun produced. Ah, what fun we used to have. That ammo is probably worth a good buck now. He was only able to get 4 boxes for it back when they were building them. This is from an old auction I found.

SN AO7317. 6.5" barrel, Semi-Automatic pistol with 2 interchangeable barrels, one in .44 Auto Mag Pistol and one in .357 AMP . High Standard Auto Mag pistol. These were produced in relatively small numbers, and the .357 barrel was considered "experimental" and is scarce. Features vent rib barrel, adjustable target sights, and comes in original Auto Mag case with paperwork and cleaning gear. Magazine, bolt, and sights all function the same with either barrel. Stainless finish, 95% - has some storage wear. Excellent condition.*

img.axd
Thanks for the info - I will pass it along. My friend might be better off selling the ammo!

Back
Top Bottom