• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

45 schofield

for sure you can load any type of bullets in the Schofield brass. It's just a shorter version of the 45 colt. I would start with a bit lower load compared to the equivalent weight in lead bullet but should be any reason it won't work and shoot fine.

I've loaded a lot of Schofield and it's pretty straightforward. Similar to the 38 special and 357 magnum, just a bit longer case (technically there's a slight difference in the rim). Mostly used by cowboy action shooters for reduced loads and being able to have a bit more case volume filled for light loads.

what bullets are you shooting and what's your goals (plinking loads or hunting)?

for sure you can load any type of bullets in the Schofield brass. It's just a shorter version of the 45 colt. I would start with a bit lower load compared to the equivalent weight in lead bullet but should be any reason it won't work and shoot fine.

I've loaded a lot of Schofield and it's pretty straightforward. Similar to the 38 special and 357 magnum, just a bit longer case (technically there's a slight difference in the rim). Mostly used by cowboy action shooters for reduced loads and being able to have a bit more case volume filled for light loads.

what bullets are you shooting and what's your goals (plinking loads or hunting)?
I'M SHOOTING OUT OF A S&W 460 AND A S&W 25-5. I FIGURED YOU COULD LOAD HP I JUST CAN'T FIND ANY DATA ON IT. GOING TO PLINK WITH 200GR RN LEAD I HAVE SOME HORNADY 265XTP BUT UNSURE ON HOW MUCH POWDER. USING 5.2 GR TITEGROUP,CCI LP PRIMERS,STARLINE BRASS. TKS TOM

Back
Top Bottom